Anyone else seeing signs of an early winter?

/ Anyone else seeing signs of an early winter? #131  
Snow on Thanksgiving isn't un-heard of, but certainly not common either. Even growing up in the 60s often as not bare ground, or an inch or two tops. How old were you when snow was waist deep?
To clarify it was not waist deep all over, and it was the early 70's, so I would have been in my 20's.

/ Anyone else seeing signs of an early winter?
   / Anyone else seeing signs of an early winter? #133  
Snow on Thanksgiving isn't un-heard of, but certainly not common either. Even growing up in the 60s often as not bare ground, or an inch or two tops. How old were you when snow was waist deep?
I remember having snow men on Halloween and going ice skating on Thanksgiving Day. I also remember celebrating that holiday at my parent’s camp, which normally is closed down by Columbus Day.

We got our first snowsled for Christmas in 1966. When we got back from my grandmother’s house on Christmas Eve there wasn’t a spec of snow on the ground, but that night we got enough to ride. I still haven’t figured out how my parents pulled that one off, the snow goes must really like them. :D

/ Anyone else seeing signs of an early winter? #134  
Like to know how 60% is a heavy snow warning. This is a fairly normal forecast for here, exception is day time highs are less than 30.
1668649679985.png

/ Anyone else seeing signs of an early winter? #135  
I would ALWAYS, MUCH RATHER see signs of an Early Spring

/ Anyone else seeing signs of an early winter? #136  
I would ALWAYS, MUCH RATHER see signs of an Early Spring
Not me! When spring comes without at least a couple of months of snow and cold I always feel robbed. I describe a good winter as one where I get tired of winter... that requires at least 4 months with no end near.

The 2 inches we got today was merely a teaser. ;)

/ Anyone else seeing signs of an early winter? #137  
More definite signs now December 7 changes showing up very cold country wide Country now has 45 percent snow cover unusual

/ Anyone else seeing signs of an early winter? #138  
Jstpssng - we can't be friends :) (kidding)

I dislike winter, too difficult for me, then again snow from Dec 23 - Jan 2 would be fine. (we get a solid 4.5 months of winter though, with several feet of snow) My favourite day of the year is March 15, because any snow after that is just to annoy me. I keep praying that it only snows on rooftops and lawns, and only between 12 midnight and 6 AM. :)

the cold I can deal with (I wear shorts all year long - no sense, no feeling); it is the snow and ice that challenge me. I'm tired of winter after a week

have a great night

/ Anyone else seeing signs of an early winter? #139  
Jstpssng - we can't be friends :) (kidding)

I dislike winter, too difficult for me, then again snow from Dec 23 - Jan 2 would be fine. (we get a solid 4.5 months of winter though, with several feet of snow) My favourite day of the year is March 15, because any snow after that is just to annoy me. I keep praying that it only snows on rooftops and lawns, and only between 12 midnight and 6 AM. :)

have a great night
I thought of you as I was writing my post... you still seem to do a good job of overcoming your setbacks.

Rooftops and lawns...hmm, I've never snowsledded across the top of a house before! :D

/ Anyone else seeing signs of an early winter? #140  
yeah, I do what I can. I have an ATV, for power sledding, occasionally go ice fishing, and the tractor is great for plowing snow :)