Anyone figured out a way to see

/ Anyone figured out a way to see #1  

macdoesit

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mitsubishi MT 2801fd Loader
Been trying to figure out a way to see what angle the bucket is when down low on the ground, can't see the sides or the front of the bucket. Thought of a mirror but no where to put it so it does not get knocked off. Got to be a better way than getting off the tractor and looking every time.
Any suggestions.

/ Anyone figured out a way to see #2  
What do you have for a tractor?
Most modern tractors for the last 10-20 years have an indicator of one type or another that runs from the curl pivot point and up the loader arm as a visual indicator. some are even adjustable for different implements such as the one on my Massey 1755

/ Anyone figured out a way to see #4  
My JD has a rod that when a bend in the rod is at a spot on a bracket it’s level. The Kubota I had just had a little bracket on the bucket that when the top was level the bucket was to. It was just a crude visual thing but it worked fine.

/ Anyone figured out a way to see #5  
The simple way is as noted, a rod that moves with the bucket and has a level mark. Problem there is that shows level to the tractor as set on a level surface. It doesn't show level to the ground if you're working on a slope.

A more 'high tech' way is a camera and monitor along the lines of a backup camera. That way you can see the bucket in relation to the ground it's working.

/ Anyone figured out a way to see #6  
Not trying to be flippant, but with a tractor loader an indicator rod and seat time where you get the feel for your particular machine. You'll eventually get a feel for it and it gets easier.

Dedicated loader machines (skid steer, track loader, etc) you have direct vision of what you are doing. Tractors the loader is an "add on" basically and you can't see what's going on so well.

/ Anyone figured out a way to see #7  
Another is to install a backup camera* system.
They are so affordable that they are probably cheaper than most factory bucket indicator kits.

*some are wireless and most can accept 2 cameras. Prices vary from $50 on up.

/ Anyone figured out a way to see #9  
Reference some item on the bucket when it is level!

/ Anyone figured out a way to see
I feel like an idgit, Never owned a tractor before. Drove my Brothers JD but no loader.
At the moment, clearing a lot of limbs from last ice storm, I have forks on bucket with chains and they stick out far enough to see.

My tractor
DSCN0614.JPG