Anyone have the Titan Ballast Box?

/ Anyone have the Titan Ballast Box? #1  

man00

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota
Looks like they reworked the lower pins but now they look to low to hook up with QH. I called them again but still not sure, the info I got was lower hooks should work but may not, the top pin should work with QH but it may not.

/ Anyone have the Titan Ballast Box? #2  
They are back ordered until October. I have one on order so when it finally arrives I will take some pictures. I used the 15% off coupon they had around Labor Day.

/ Anyone have the Titan Ballast Box? #3  
That sounds strange as 3PH and QH's are standardised to the Category dimensions.

Attachments

• ASAEquickHitchImplementDim.jpg
    ASAEquickHitchImplementDim.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 975
   / Anyone have the Titan Ballast Box? #4  
I have the Titan ballast box. On mine, the pins are so low that my 3PH lift arms (with Pat's quick-connect system on them) would not get under the pins on the ballast box. But, I keep all of my attachments on dollies anyway, and I made a dolly for the box. When I put the box on the dolly with 5" casters and 1 1/2" thick 2X8 board the dolly is made of, the height of the pins is raised enough that I can hook up to the box fine. I will add that I put the box on the dolly before I filled the box with sand and also added some metal to increase the weight. Now at all times the box is either on the tractor or on its dolly, and it works fine.

/ Anyone have the Titan Ballast Box? #5  
Yes, as rbtjr says, having your ballast box (and all of your implements) on wheeled pallets/dollies will get them to the correct height for your limited Cat 1 3PH.

On my ballast box I also needed to purchase a specific type of bushing, with an end cap, to properly fit my Cat 1 iMatch. I suspect that it was built to also fit a Cat 0... the height was right but the box was a bit narrow.

Edit: my box is a JD one, not Titan.

/ Anyone have the Titan Ballast Box? #6  
A little small, but it will work for me. My 3 point picked it up from the ground just fine.
20161005_105535.jpg

/ Anyone have the Titan Ballast Box? #7  
I finally got mine this past week and unboxed it today. My lift arms on my B2601 will not go low enough either. The pins would need to be a few inches up to work correctly for me. I only paid $203 delivered though with the Labor Day coupon they were offering so I really can't complain.

if you look at the factory B8160 Kubota ballast box the pins are much higher up on each side. The downside is the Kubota box is not quick hitch or Pats compatible.

side.jpgtop.jpg

/ Anyone have the Titan Ballast Box?
I finally got mine this past week and unboxed it today. My lift arms on my B2601 will not go low enough either. The pins would need to be a few inches up to work correctly for me. I only paid $203 delivered though with the Labor Day coupon they were offering so I really can't complain.

if you look at the factory B8160 Kubota ballast box the pins are much higher up on each side. The downside is the Kubota box is not quick hitch or Pats compatible.

View attachment 484788View attachment 484789
I'm not sure if the Titan BB is QH compatible, looks like the top pin may not allow the hook access..looks close anyways

/ Anyone have the Titan Ballast Box? #9  
I bought a Titan BB back in the Spring. It doesn't have the forklift slots or hitch receiver, and it also had the lower pins welded on too low for a QH. I ground off the brackets, and welded them up higher, so they work with the QH, but the top link hook on the QH will not work.

I will have to either modify the QH hook, weld a proper toplink bracket, or just continue to get off the tractor, and install the top pin. I told Titan about this back in April, and they still have not got it right.

I do like the changes that they did make, though.

/ Anyone have the Titan Ballast Box? #10  
I know the Titan ballast box is made in China and its cheap but I really think they need someone to train their welding employees, I've seen better welds from high school students.
image.jpeg