Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts?

/ Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #41  
   / Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #42  
Local town has had a roundabout for years and most people are unaware that its there even though they drive on it.
A large financial institution is located in the center of it. So most just think they are driving around the bank.

I had to install one in a neighborhood with a lot of elderly homeowners. I can only say the reason no one died there was due to the 15 mph speed limit and the numerous speed humps I also installed.

/ Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #43  
We have a bunch of roundabouts here and they work fine once people learn how to. No big t-bones...just fender benders. I have yet to see an accident in one here though. A half filled liquid semi flipped over in one though. We will be getting a new diverging diamond intersection soon and they work nice.

Diverging diamond interchange - Wikipedia
Of all places I find it interesting and funny the first in the USA was in MO.

The Missouri Department of Transportation was the first US agency to construct one, in Springfield at the junction between I-44 and Missouri Route 13

The first one I encountered was 5-7 years ago in Lehi Utah.

/ Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #44  

/ Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #45  
   / Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #47  
Roundabouts are the best thing since sliced bread for drivers in cars, not so good for pedestrians and trucks.

I hate Traffic lights, especially in the middle of the night waiting 5 minutes for a light to change and no other car in sight other than the cruiser parked idle at a donut shop parking lot 2 blocks down the road.

/ Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #48  
Here in Michigan, the intersection with the most accidents in the state was changed to a roundabout, don't believe they're intended to reduce the number of accidents, rather eliminate the 90 degree impacts.

/ Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #50  
Here in Michigan, the intersection with the most accidents in the state was changed to a roundabout, don't believe they're intended to reduce the number of accidents, rather eliminate the 90 degree impacts.
Nice to have you here with us LFP from a yooper.