Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts?

grsthegreat

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE hst cab
Absolutely can’t stand them..the double lanes are the worst.

Jstpssng

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301
I think the biggest problem is people no longer respect the concept of a stop sign. So a 4 way stop with an low island in the middle seams to be a better alternative. That is, to stop people from running the stop signs. And I hope some one comes up with a way to enforce "Right on Red" laws. Somehow the "after coming to a full stop" part has gotten lost.

I like the concept of traffic circles but the implementation stinks in most of them here in Fl. The diameter on most is to small to allow for a truck and trailer of any size to fit. And the multi-lane ones are to small to allow the move over to the inside lane and then get back to exit.
Somehow "Such turning traffic shall yield the right-of-way to pedestrians lawfully within an adjacent crosswalk and to other traffic using the intersection" has also gotten lost.

MossRoad

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year
Yes. I drive a roundabout twice daily. There's a jogging walking biking path that crosses at the roundabout. State law says you stop for pedestrians. I do. Horns blare.

civilian

Veteran Member
Tractor
Gravely Pro 16 walk behind, Kubota BX2230, Kubota B26TLB
Looking at some of the above roundabouts, they sure don't make an easy way for pedesterans(sp?) to cross the street any more. Or for cyclists to flow through a roundabout. Jon

civilian

Veteran Member
Tractor
Gravely Pro 16 walk behind, Kubota BX2230, Kubota B26TLB
Moss said......Yes. I drive a roundabout twice daily. There's a jogging walking biking path that crosses at the roundabout. State law says you stop for pedestrians. I do. Horns blare.

So do walkers go to the center then out the direction they want? Jon

ruffdog

Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5610 G series w/turfs
We have a bunch of roundabouts here and they work fine once people learn how to. No big t-bones...just fender benders. I have yet to see an accident in one here though. A half filled liquid semi flipped over in one though. We will be getting a new diverging diamond intersection soon and they work nice.

Diverging diamond interchange - Wikipedia

OP
bcp

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Just had an accident near here.

"A Washougal man was killed and a Vancouver man was injured Wednesday in a head-on collision at the roundabout on state Highway 14 at Washougal River Road."

One of the drivers went the wrong way in the roundabout.

Bruce