Anyone make a one man FEL lift?

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #21  
I went to use my dump trailer a few weeks ago. It had been parked outside all last year. I was horrified to see the five or so year old hoses were all cracked and almost looked like they had been in a fire. They were from Princess Auto, Like HF over here.

Funny, I just looked at some pictures. It was actually built in 08! How time flies! But the last time I used it, the year before, the hoses were perfect, not even blackening ones hands.

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #23  
I guess, I should at least put a safety chain or drill a hole in the fork pocket to put a pin through the hole in the end of the fork. I never thought, that, probably the worst case is a bucket cylinder line breaking, dumping the basket at height.

Thousands of people and businesses use forklifts for personel. Do forklifts come down quickly if a hose busts?

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #24  
Instantly? I want to buy a 4x4 Diesel Genie Lift. Curious if they have any safeguard against hose failure.

I had a 4x4 Genie dual fuel (gas/propane) articulated boom man lift for years. Pretty hard to beat. And yes they have safeguards for hose failure.

IMG_1003.jpg

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #25  
THAT, is a nice little grouping of equipment!

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #26  
THAT, is a nice little grouping of equipment! I hope the Gator is ELECTRIC, so you have the absolute JOY, I have with mine!

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #27  
THAT, is a nice little grouping of equipment! I hope the Gator is ELECTRIC, so you have the absolute JOY, I have with mine!

Sadly, NO. I’ve since sold that one and still have my 6x4 gasser. I would LOVE to have electric like yours.
I was using the equipment for spring yard cleanup.

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #28  
Unless we need two Utility Vehicles, the Diesel Gator just NEVER gets used in the summer at all, because the E-Gator is just so much nicer and better suited for stop and start chores. But the quietness is just so nice as well.

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #29  
My garage stored tractor is six years old.

In the last 18 months two Loader hydraulic lines have blown out, dropping the bucket to the ground instantly.

then i wonder what type of hoses they used on your loader... the nylon braided rubbish like i have on my Bobcat backhoe attachment ? 2SC hoses with two steel inlays never fail just like that, i replace them when i see more dry rot cracks than i like. Even though they still function when the steel braid is visible, because they have two layers.

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #30  
I don't expect my dry rotten hoses to fail any time soon.

I'm just guessing, MOST, hoses fail due to bending and abrasion. Poorly crimped, or with incompatible hose/fitting arrangements are probably more dangerous for complete and sudden failure.