Anyone make a one man FEL lift?

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #71  
A couple of years ago I made a work platform that attaches to a bucket.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...-platform-loader-post4789782.html#post4789782

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...-platform-loader-post4790972.html#post4790972

I'd also recommend scaffolding for this particular job. My buddy had a set of scaffolding that he bought used and we've used it extensively doing interior work in the shed I put up on his acreage. The shed's interior roof is about 14 1/2 feet above the floor and we had to build a false floor on the scaffolding to get it high enough to work at the ceiling.

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift?
Thanks so much for all the replies. I ordered two sets of scaffolding yesterday. Remove casters from one and it can be stacked on top of other for higher up. When not in use they can be rolling shelves.
I can also strap them to posts and rafters also to be more stable.

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #73  
Thanks so much for all the replies. I ordered two sets of scaffolding yesterday. Remove casters from one and it can be stacked on top of other for higher up. When not in use they can be rolling shelves.
I can also strap them to posts and rafters also to be more stable.

I have 2 sets of that yellow scaffolding pictured in post 70. It works great for interior use one set high. It’s pretty wobbly going 2 sets high. I wouldn’t use it 3 or more high. Given the option between a forklift and that I’d pick the forklift any day. I did find that putting a ratchet strap across it helps with the slop and makes it a lot more stable. I also have the optional outriggers for mine. They made me feel better but they didn’t seem to make much difference.

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #74  
I have a scaffold too, up to 12ft, it's decent. But I can only use it indoors. Outdoors, I put on my forks, pick up and IBC cage, strap it so that it can't come off the forks (secure it to the forks), climb in, strap myself to the cage, then have someone drive me who knows how to drive a tractor and run a FEL. I feel WAY safer up in that "contraption" than I do on a scaffold and most certainly safer than I do on a ladder. Yes, a real high lift or scissor lift is better, no doubt. But, if that's not available, I'm going to use my cage get up. Especially when its outdoors, a all terrain high lift is crazy expensive to buy or rent. A tractor with a cage is "free" to me. Unless I'm doing a lot at height, I won't rent a lift. When I was wiring my pole barn, I did bring in a lift just because I needed to move so much and reach so high. A scissor lift is really nice, it's just a one trick pony and it's a "no go" on anything but smooth concrete.

I've used my telescoping pole saw from the cage before. Now that's a picture I should probably take, looks like a Darwin award waiting to happen, in a cage, with a chainsaw, being driven around by your bored wife from tree to tree. :) Works great though, can't argue with the results!

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #75  
I have 2 sets of that yellow scaffolding pictured in post 70. It works great for interior use one set high. It痴 pretty wobbly going 2 sets high. I wouldn稚 use it 3 or more high.
My scaffolding is not the yellow stuff. I've got the 5x5 end panels and aluminum 7' walkboards, the heavy duty construction stuff. I can go 10' before it gets wobbly. When I have to go over 10' I put a brace on it which is a 20' pipe that I've welded a flat bar with a bolt hole in it at each end and I bolt it to the scaffold at the 10' point and the other end anchored to the ground. Then I can go up another 10' to 13'. Any more than that and I hire someone to do it.

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #76  
a lot of folks get a Tote tank and take pout the plastic, and use the cage for a platform. seems safe enough.

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #77  
My log loader can boom up 15 feet high and holds 800 pounds at full extension, so I thought about building a man lift cage for it so I can work on my two story house.

The problem is, I am the only one who runs it, and with that set up, the controls are on the ground, so I cannot be up in the air, and boom over to where I need to go. I love, and trust my wife, but in operating my equipment, she is not really smooth, at all movements are exaggerated the further you go out. I am afraid I would be in for a rather wild ride.

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #78  
You stay on the ground running the controls. You know where to put her then, right?

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #79  
You stay on the ground running the controls. You know where to put her then, right?

Oh yeah, way up high in the man-basket doing all the work.

I am just not sure that I would be any smoother in operation. Some functions are backwards when you convert from backhoe, to front shovel configuration, which is what this would be.

/ Anyone make a one man FEL lift? #80  
Got me thinking about scaffolding. I can order this online, even Wal-Mart, $143. 6ft but easy to add another section so 12ft.
1000# rating. Anyone use that particular one. Northern Tool sells it also. When not in use it could be shelf storage.View attachment 608589

I got the NT one. I attached some rectangular tube to the walkboard runners and lift with tractor. Mine came with the safety rails. Works but takes 2 people.