Anyone make a tedder?

/ Anyone make a tedder? #1  

prof fate

Platinum Member
Tractor
kioti ck3510 Cub Cadet 149, 2146, Toro Zero Turn
I need a hay tedder but don't have $2500 plus to buy a used one. I'm pretty handy, can weld, so I'm thinking maybe I should build one.

Anyone got plans, tried this, etc?

Anyone use a tedder - there are several styles, what works well or is simple in design?

/ Anyone make a tedder? #2  
Another option is to look for an older International or New Idea side delivery rakes from around the 1950s. They had an option to be used as a tedder in addition as a hay rake. The newer tedders are better but if price is right you can make do.View attachment rake-tedder.pdf

Last edited:
   / Anyone make a tedder? #3  
I need a hay tedder but don't have $2500 plus to buy a used one. I'm pretty handy, can weld, so I'm thinking maybe I should build one.

Anyone got plans, tried this, etc?

Anyone use a tedder - there are several styles, what works well or is simple in design?

You can buy a decent used Tedder for under $1000.
Look on CL for a Pequea hay fluffier.

/ Anyone make a tedder? #4  
This is the type my neighbor has. It works good by fluffing the hay without ripping the leaf material off. They are more complicated than they look with all the pivots and linkages. It takes some trial and error to get the pto rpm and travel speed just right to get the best results.

Hay tedder - farm & garden - by owner - sale