Anyone pull logsplitter on highway?

/ Anyone pull logsplitter on highway?
I could see it possibly getting squirrelly at 70-75 mph. Could maybe even see some of the action above the tailgate when hitting a bump. A lot of road const through Cincinnati could be tricky too. I'm just hoping the ratchet straps I put on hold it in place.

/ Anyone pull logsplitter on highway? #12  
What road construction?
Don't try it during rush hour . With rain forecast ,I sure there will wrecks

What road construction? Don't try it during rush hour . With rain forecast ,I sure there will wrecks
The const in Dayton & Cincinnati is terrible. All the narrow shifting lanes with concrete walls on either side. Pulled a 30'x8' wide trailer through there cpl weeks ago. Lexington is not too bad . I'm going almost to tn line. I'd be getting a late start today so in going to wait till late morning. I hate driving at night in the rain anymore. My eyes aren't what they used to be

/ Anyone pull logsplitter on highway? #14  
something more than just "across town" and your likely going to run into issues of registration (for your trailer) as well as lights turn signals etc.

There is more to consider than just will it physically tow that distance.

Id borrow a trailer and put it on the trailer, even a small 4x8 trailer would be better option IMHO

I decided to go this route image-1740255826.jpg
Hard to see but it has 5 ratchet straps on it

/ Anyone pull logsplitter on highway? #16  
something more than just "across town" and your likely going to run into issues of registration (for your trailer) as well as lights turn signals etc.
Not in NY. As long as its just the splitter (no cabinet with wedges, an ax, a saw, etc) it doesn't need to be registered.

Aaron Z

/ Anyone pull logsplitter on highway? #17  
I've wondered about this too... local police officer said if I was not in business... have a proper hitch with safety chain and the vehicle lamps were not obstructed I would be OK for daytime transport...

/ Anyone pull logsplitter on highway? #18  
Not in NY. As long as its just the splitter (no cabinet with wedges, an ax, a saw, etc) it doesn't need to be registered. Aaron Z

It's a grey area around here. Daytime, decent rig, everything looks safe they will let it slide as long as they can see the tow vehicles tail lights.

Legally it needs registered, plates, lights, fenders, ect.

Chris

/ Anyone pull logsplitter on highway? #19  
For anyone who might be interested, here are some of the types of trailers that dont need to be registered in NY:
http://dmv.ny.gov/forms/mv274.pdf said:
MV-274 (8/15)
EXAMPLES OF TRAILER-TYPE
VEHICLES THAT DO NOT HAVE TO BE REGISTERED
Not limited to these vehicles
Welding machine mounted on a chassis
Well drillers mounted on a chassis
Wood sawing outfit mounted on a chassis
Wood chipper mounted on a chassis
Electrical transformer mounted on wheels
Air compressor mounted on wheels
Water pump mounted on wheels
Pipe threading machine mounted on wheels
Concrete mixer mounted on wheels
Generator mounted on wheels
Portable lighting units mounted on wheels
Paint outfit (air compressor and tank) mounted on wheels
Insecticide spray outfit mounted on wheels
Portable sheep dipping vat mounted on wheels
Trailer used as an office on a job site
Trailer used for tools and equipment when equipped with shelves and bins, etc., on a job site (shelves and bins must be empty when towed on the road)
Food vending trailer (shelves and bins must be empty when towed on the road). For example, hot dog cart or a barbeque grill on wheels
Tow dolly
Tar kettle mounted on wheels

Aaron Z

/ Anyone pull logsplitter on highway? #20  
I've towed a log splitter on the highway without any issues. They're crappy to tow for all the reasons mentioned above and I would not go over 65 with one. Unless you have to tow it I would put it on another trailer for any kind of distance.