Anyone try to buy a trailer lately?

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #141  
Looks like it more a regional thing, with some trailer dealers having plenty of inventory and others having long wait times.
The place where I bought my new dump trailer 3 years ago, still is getting deliveries to inventory, and I just checked, and he even has new leftover 2021 trailers discounted $1000 off the same model 2022.

Check around; it might be worth making a day trip.
A $1000-2000 savings may be worth a multiple day trip.

Last edited:
   / Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #142  
I wanted a small 5'X8' trailer to dedicate to my fuel pod. It will sit in the yard and when I need fuel for the tractors or ZTR, I have it. When I need to refill it just tow it to the fuel pump. I looked at the TSC trailers and rejected them. They have 13" tires, 2000# axle, and a max speed of 65 mph. Adding a spare and jack would have been $1500. I decided to go with Big Tex since I already have 2 from them. I called my local Kubota dealer, who also a Big Tex dealer, and they didn't have one in stock. They quoted a price of $3500 and 6 - 8 months delivery. I called my horse trailer dealer, Sundowner of Texas/Triple M Trailers, and Jerry had the Big Tex 30SA in stock. It has a 3500# axle and comes with a jack. With the spare it came to $2450. So here it sits in my driveway. Still need to mount the battery case and solar panel, plus add hooks for the back tiedowns strap. I just hooked it to the rails last night.

Fueled the tank and the pickup last night, $200 in the pod and $125 in the pickup. Neither one was full.

1650035317993.jpeg

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #143  
I wanted a small 5'X8' trailer to dedicate to my fuel pod. It will sit in the yard and when I need fuel for the tractors or ZTR, I have it. When I need to refill it just tow it to the fuel pump. I looked at the TSC trailers and rejected them. They have 13" tires, 2000# axle, and a max speed of 65 mph. Adding a spare and jack would have been $1500. I decided to go with Big Tex since I already have 2 from them. I called my local Kubota dealer, who also a Big Tex dealer, and they didn't have one in stock. They quoted a price of $3500 and 6 - 8 months delivery. I called my horse trailer dealer, Sundowner of Texas/Triple M Trailers, and Jerry had the Big Tex 30SA in stock. It has a 3500# axle and comes with a jack. With the spare it came to $2450. So here it sits in my driveway. Still need to mount the battery case and solar panel, plus add hooks for the back tiedowns strap. I just hooked it to the rails last night.

Fueled the tank and the pickup last night, $200 in the pod and $125 in the pickup. Neither one was full.

View attachment 741862
That’s a fantastic idea. I’m going to look into doing the same. I need a small UTV trailer. I’ll just get one two foot longer than I need for the UTV and add the fuel tanks to the front.

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #145  
Thanks. I bought the fuel pod off Amazon. The fuel pod is a 58-gallon tank, plenty for my needs. It has a 13' foot hose, auto shutoff nozzle, and 10 GPM pump. The power wire has clamps for the battery posts. I bought a 26 series battery and a plastic marine battery case that I need to mount, along with a small solar charger/controller. I will probably add a small toolbox and keep some fluids handy, oil, antifreeze, wiper fluid, etc., also some rags.