Anyone try to buy a trailer lately?

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
Buddy of mine looking at a basic 14,000lb flatbed trailer. Said Appalachian is 12-14 weeks out and Kaufman is 25 weeks out!
Sheesh, we could have a complete collapse of the economy or other life changing events happen in that much of a waiting period.

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #2  
There's a local trailer seller here in SC that probably has 100 - 150 different size and style Gator trailers on his lot.

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #3  
There is a trailer sales lot in Spokane with hundreds of trailers. From small single axle to very large dump style. Big Boy.

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately?
That’s incredible. Everything ordered HERE is months out.
Our trailer lots are virtually empty, except for the stuff nobody wants.
Must be a regional thing.
Im hearing everyone is buying because of STIM money and the end of low interest rates.

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #5  
A couple of the bigger trailer lots around here have a pretty good supply of gooseneck PJ's and Big Tex's.

Some of the small, rinky-dink dealers are pretty barren.

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately?
Also noticed that places like CL and FBM are low on used trailers

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #7  
Nephew ordered new 7x20 equipment trailer March 2 and ETA is end of June. Trailer lots are empty here also.

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #8  
Supply is tight around here, specifically on the more affordable lines of trailer.

I am trying to buy a car hauler right now for pulling around my tractor and materials, etc. My problem is, I know a good 7k 18'er with both brake axles should only be around $2500, or at least they were as recently as a year ago. Now they are either out of stock or closer to 4 grand. So I wait.

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #9  
Also noticed that places like CL and FBM are low on used trailers

That's been going on since 2015. I seldom see trailers on CList anymore in a 3 region wide area across states.

Now, farm auctions in the area do post them. So many farmers retiring, dropping out of the industry or tossing in the towel in the past 2 years.
Up here in WI, 8 dairy farms a day on average have closed up for good. It's gotten so bad that CA produces more milk and cheese now.

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #10  
Supply is tight around here, specifically on the more affordable lines of trailer.

I am trying to buy a car hauler right now for pulling around my tractor and materials, etc. My problem is, I know a good 7k 18'er with both brake axles should only be around $2500, or at least they were as recently as a year ago. Now they are either out of stock or closer to 4 grand. So I wait.
Wow! That setup has been about 3.5K-4K for a few years here and there are a LOT of trailer manufacturers around here.