Anyone try to buy a trailer lately?

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #131  
Maybe try something like this? It's on northern tool website costs $160 or so.

Gorilla-Lift 2-Sided Trailer Tailgate Lift Assist, Model# 40101042G/GOR2LIFT​

thx

as i was horsing the tailgate in place i kinda thought about something like that.

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #132  
Before o sold my old drop gate trailer and got the tilt bed, I got tired of hoisting that rear gate. When I bought the trailer it went up just fine with the 3 lift springs on the gate. IT WOULD WORK FINE FOR A UTV OR A LAWN CARE BUSINESS, BUT I NEEDED TO MOVE MY SMALLER TRACTOR. But after I reinforced the gate to allow my driving my jd870 onto the trailer, the gate got to be a big PITA.

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #133  
Before o sold my old drop gate trailer and got the tilt bed, I got tired of hoisting that rear gate. When I bought the trailer it went up just fine with the 3 lift springs on the gate. IT WOULD WORK FINE FOR A UTV OR A LAWN CARE BUSINESS, BUT I NEEDED TO MOVE MY SMALLER TRACTOR. But after I reinforced the gate to allow my driving my jd870 onto the trailer, the gate got to be a big PITA.
the gate is heavy but.....similar to my project hanging ceilings....i go up and down these ladders hundreds of times a day, no exaggeration.

i was a gym member for 30 years and i went, mostly for the tread mill and steam....no more. i'd see people lifting weights and doing the stair stepper etc and think....

i do that all the time and don't pay dues for the privilege

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #134  
Buddy of mine looking at a basic 14,000lb flatbed trailer. Said Appalachian is 12-14 weeks out and Kaufman is 25 weeks out!
Sheesh, we could have a complete collapse of the economy or other life changing events happen in that much of a waiting period.
I got very lucky I found a local built 14 k 6'10x20 just what I was looking for very well built on 1-23-2021 paid $4,250 out the door same trailer is 6,000 I can't believe how much prices have gone up in such a short time.

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #136  
Yes, both trailer dealers close by me have very little if any room for more inventory. I would guess that the price increases and inflation are at work here?

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #137  
Buddy of mine looking at a basic 14,000lb flatbed trailer. Said Appalachian is 12-14 weeks out and Kaufman is 25 weeks out!
Sheesh, we could have a complete collapse of the economy or other life changing events happen in that much of a waiting period.
Much like trying to buy a new car down here in South Florida, the 'new' car dealer lots are filled with 'used' cars and very little in actual new cars you see every few minutes in there commercials...lol

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #138  
Looks like it more a regional thing, with some trailer dealers having plenty of inventory and others having long wait times.
The place where I bought my new dump trailer 3 years ago, still is getting deliveries to inventory, and I just checked, and he even has new leftover 2021 trailers discounted $1000 off the same model 2022.

Check around; it might be worth making a day trip.

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #139  
i was a gym member for 30 years and i went, mostly for the tread mill and steam....no more. i'd see people lifting weights and doing the stair stepper etc and think....

i do that all the time and don't pay dues for the privilege

I worked in construction when I high school and college. Of course I was young, strong and dumb as a box of rocks. But never had any injuries or issues. 20 years sitting at a desk and attempting to make up for it at the gym leaves me with chronic injuries.

Back on topic - I see truck loads of trailers most days on the highway, but the local dealers don't have any in stock.

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #140  
There are plenty available where I live. But they’re not cheap.