Anyone watch "Yellowstone" on the Paramount network?

/ Anyone watch "Yellowstone" on the Paramount network? #71  
Maybe I come from another era, but I can hear more vulgar language from a segment of Yellowstone than I heard in a month when I did construction work, painted houses or hauled hay.
Vulgar language? Yeah, it was used, but not every time someone opened his mouth.

Last edited:
   / Anyone watch "Yellowstone" on the Paramount network? #72  
Watched a few minutes of it early on...when kc appeared I changed the channel...just can't stand the goof...
His best work was in 'The Big Chill'...!

I watched part of an early one. Not for me, just a soap opera on a ranch.

/ Anyone watch "Yellowstone" on the Paramount network? #73  
Did you see the one where the girl was bathing in the horse trough?

/ Anyone watch "Yellowstone" on the Paramount network? #74  
The issue of (earthy) language in TV and film makes me think about the show/movie 'Deadwood'...
...Anyone that watched has to be familiar with the most common expletive in all the dialog...it was uttered by all walks of life in either adaptations etc...
...The writers swear up and down that their research was authentically factual...but I find it hard to believe this...and I think part of the reason was HBOs insistence on a shock value...(i.e., women of class and style uttering such a phrase)...!
I was going to mention Deadwood. Vulgarity does not bother me, in fact I am at times quite vulgar!
I almost did not finish the first episode because it just seemed gratuitous. I'm glad I hung in there because this is one of the all-time best series in my opinion.
Another example is when Richard Pryor hit the scene. The comedians that came after him were extremely vulgar as well but that wasn't his hook. Richard Pryor was funny, he just happened to be vulgar.

/ Anyone watch "Yellowstone" on the Paramount network? #75  
As for Yellowstone I like it OK. I almost didn't watch it past the first episode because of Beth's character. She is just plain vile.

/ Anyone watch "Yellowstone" on the Paramount network? #76  
Beth is the star!

/ Anyone watch "Yellowstone" on the Paramount network? #77  
Another example is when Richard Pryor hit the scene. The comedians that came after him were extremely vulgar as well but that wasn't his hook. Richard Pryor was funny, he just happened to be vulgar.
"Adult" humor has its place, it's just when the profanities are the act that it goes sideways. Maybe 15 years ago I had tickets to see a comedian (Robert Schimmel), his opening act was one of the members of Howard Stern's entourage (don't remember his name, had never heard of him at the time). F-bombs were basically his act. What was weird was that much of the audience (lot of guys in their 20s) thought he was hilarious.

/ Anyone watch "Yellowstone" on the Paramount network? #79  
Beth is the star!
I find her interesting but a bit to caustic for my liking. I too find some of the profanity a bit gratuitous at times.

I found Kayce's wife attractive in the past but not liking her short hair this coming season.

/ Anyone watch "Yellowstone" on the Paramount network? #80  
Walker I think, the guitar player ranch hand is really good. Lainey Wilson (another musician) will join the cast this year.