Anyone watching Super Bowl?

/ Anyone watching Super Bowl? #51  
Born about 50 years too early to be able to enjoy that halftime show. Give me rock, blues, and even country. Hip hop or rap, nope.
Game was going well and moving along until the refs started throwing flags on stuff that had been allowed earlier in the game. Hate it when they do that, either call everything all game long or don't, starting to call stuff in the fourth quarter is asinine.
I couldn't stand it . . .

on edit crabby old man.

Last edited:
   / Anyone watching Super Bowl? #52  
Half time wasn't my cup of tea but the game was. Until LA won. But, I admire Matthew Stafford's grit.

/ Anyone watching Super Bowl? #53  
….
Tough to see the Bengals lose like that. Although all the attention was given to Burrow, the Bengals defense was excellent and deserves a lot of recognition. Hubbard, Hendrixson and Wilson are excellent defenders. All 11 on D, actually…

exactly, the whole game was a battle of two really good defenses. Offense on each side was nothing impressive.

/ Anyone watching Super Bowl? #56  
Though it was a very good half-time AKC National Kennel Club show, the commercial I liked best was when the Fox Terrier won the terrier group.

/ Anyone watching Super Bowl? #57  
I just honestly don't like crowds of people or long lines. No one can eat, crap or shower quicker than me;) (eating fast still a slight irritation to my better half).

I'm learning though. Into a couple of dates with my wife, we went to eat some Louisiana food on a Friday night. We walked in, I saw all the people sitting waiting, and I turned around to walk out and my future wife looked at me and asked what I was doing. Told her I don't wait in lines anymore. She looked at me and asked me why I didn't convey that to her and informed me that I was very presumptuous to assume she would feel the same way. I knew even before then she was the one for me (she could drive a 5 speed before I met her, she didn't have to wear make up to go out, and she had a lab for a pet, so there were some early good signs anyways LOL).

Just last Saturday we were out running errands and we decided on a early "nice" dinner since we had time together. Just happened to be a beautiful day out, and EVERYONE was out at this one indoor/outdoor restaurant (people sitting outside waiting). My wife went in, came out and told me 25 minutes. I actually stayed and waited! I'm getting old enough to realize that it would still take us another 20 minutes to drive somewhere else where we would want to eat and still have at least a 10 minute wait, so I figured might as well wait it out. Thing is, we were notified only 10 minutes later a table was ready. Go figure...
Been in that situation with wait times many times with my wife. We are now also of the mindset, 30 minute wait or 20 minutes walking back to car, driving to other place, walk, wait 15 minutes.... just wait and it's usually less time than they told you in the first place.

Are you a line switcher at the grocery store? :) I used to do that to. Now I pick a line and stick with it and play a game by watching the other people in the other lines. If I make it out first, I win. If they beat me...

/ Anyone watching Super Bowl? #58  
Nope. Finished up putting air power assisted steering in my M35A2. Way more fun than watching the NFL.
That's interesting! Didn't know there was such a thing. How's it working for you?

/ Anyone watching Super Bowl? #59  
The only ad that put a smile on my face was the hot Doritos ad:

/ Anyone watching Super Bowl? #60  
Are you a line switcher at the grocery store? :)
No. If the lines are to long when I go in, I leave 🤣

The irony is this past Sunday, I ran up to the local dollar general store (after I called them) for a valentines day card for Monday. Rather drive 10 minutes into town vs 25 minutes into a "real" grocery store with cards (if the 10 minute drive actually has what I need).

Get to the dollar general, and there is this long line with only ONE register. I figured I'm screwed at that point and wait. Thing is, probably would have been faster to to drive 25 minutes and have self check out than the 15-20 minutes I had to wait running into town.

Side note- Dollar general is a ripoff (you pay through the nose because they are close). The place to go is the dollar tree, my wife got me onto that LOL I'm like a kid in a candy store when I go to the dollar tree LOL