Anyone with a FEL quick attach snow plow ?

/ Anyone with a FEL quick attach snow plow ? #1  

TnAndy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar LX410...IHI 35J excavator Woodmizer LT40
I'm considering building a snow plow for the FEL of my tractor, using a quick attach plate. This will be just for my driveway (paved) and maybe a neighbor or two.....nothing heavy duty or commercial. Worst snows we have here run 4-12".

I can get a used plow that went on a pickup truck for $300 off Craig's List, and a quick attach plate from Titan for $126. Figure to weld up whatever I need to mount the blade/existing hardware to the QA plate, and have a front mount plow. Figure maybe 500 bucks in it total.

We had about 6" here the other day, and I used a bucket on the FEL, but it quickly fills and you have to angle off to the side of the drive and dump real regular....an angled plow would really be the trick. I used to use a rear mounted scraper blade before we paved the drive this past summer, turning the blade backwards to keep from rolling up the gravel, angling it to one side....but I don't like driving over the snow first, packing it down anyway, so a front mount plow would be better.

Anybody got one, or build one like I'm thinking ? Or see anything wrong with going this route ?

/ Anyone with a FEL quick attach snow plow ? #2  
There are numerous threads here about fabricating ssqa blades. Welding isn’t my thing, so I bought a ssqa blade made by HLA. It’s very well made, and works very well. I run a 7 ft blade up front and one on the rear.

/ Anyone with a FEL quick attach snow plow ? #3  
There are a lot of members here that have put a SSQA on a truck plow. (including myself)
I run a 9' Western (truck) snowplow on the my tractor loader and it works fine.
Keep the QA as close to the pivot point of the blade as you can so its not sticking 5' from the front of your loader.

/ Anyone with a FEL quick attach snow plow ? #4  
   / Anyone with a FEL quick attach snow plow ? #5  
I did the same with a Meyer plow. Welded 2 boxes at the bottom of the quick attach plate to mount the plow via pins, and welded a D ring at the top that connects to the lift chain on the plow. Works extremely well, especially if you have hydraulics to angle the plow from the cab.

_DSC9793.JPG

/ Anyone with a FEL quick attach snow plow ? #6  
My new unproven commercial Snow Dawg plow on my new L4060. And my old light manual angle jeep plow on a home made SSQA/QuickHitch mount. Worked good except for the open station problem freezing my *** off. It was a bit long though. Something more compact would give it less leverage to make steering somewhat irrevelent.20170110_213656.jpg20170110_213705.jpgIMG_20150117_153833.jpgIMG_20141102_161251.jpgIMG_20150117_153817.jpg

/ Anyone with a FEL quick attach snow plow ?
Thanks....the photos are very helpful !

/ Anyone with a FEL quick attach snow plow ? #8  
I use a Landpride 96" snow plow on my Kubota L6060, I installed a rubber cutting edge that works great on my gravel driveways.

Attachments

• IMG_2085.JPG
    IMG_2085.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,340
  • IMG_2086.JPG
    IMG_2086.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 223
  • IMG_2087.JPG
    IMG_2087.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 311
  • IMG_2088.JPG
    IMG_2088.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 264
   / Anyone with a FEL quick attach snow plow ? #9  
How wide is your blade and how thick of a plate did you use? I like the simplicity of you design, and I too have a blade laying around.

/ Anyone with a FEL quick attach snow plow ? #10  
How wide is your blade and how thick of a plate did you use? I like the simplicity of you design, and I too have a blade laying around.

Not sure who your question is directed to but my Titan QA plate is the HD 3/8" thick one but a 1/4" or 5/16" thick plate would work as well.