Are eMax owners happy with their tractors?

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #61  
Odd first post, I don't know how a dealer could struggle with that question when the emax out specs the 1025r in almost every category and it's cheaper.

Sometimes a salesman gets taken off guard. An Aleppo moment.....And then again, some sales people just are not good at what they do.

We often get asked why a customer should buy our tractor instead of brand A, B or C. The first thing to do is to compliment the other brand, because if you start out thrashing the other brand, people see that as a fail. Then tell them a little about our dealership, then tell them about our brand, and then hit on a few spec differences. Basically, take it as an opportunity to give them your sales pitch. Lastly, price.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #62  
1.Cold starts ( 2015/16, mildest winter in at least 3 years.) I used a space heater under engine, plus magnetic heaters on oil pan, and transmission for 3-4 hours still coughed and belched grey smoke.
2 .Busted muffler. (Covered under warranty) I did the work, to save transport fee.
3 .Weak brakes.(would not hold on slight grade)
4 Engine assy.appears to have been dunked in a vat of paint (adds about 50 ft lbs of torque to remove oil drain plug.)
5 .High rpm needed to make any power (3000 for pto) 2000 just to move it's own weight.
6 . Air filter (ends are made out of soft foam rubber, started deteriorating @80 hrs.)
The tractor (TYM built 2014 emax22 hst fel/mmm.) did save me about 2.5 miles on the wheelbarrow, but it cost me $5500 to use it for one year/90hrs.
Now I see a thread about the fel bucket failures (TYM built) glad I avoided that one.

Your motor is not running per spec, insist it be corrected.

Mahindra has cheaped out on the welding and steel in their little loaders,

Their was not much metal to start with on my Max28 and the new curved Max26 loaders are just sheet metal with 3/4" vs 255 mm dia pins.
The EMax25S loader looks ok. They must source their loaders from whoever.

Mitsubusi paint job not up to Kubota, but is sure a lot better than what you describe.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #63  
Im very happy with my 2015 Emax 25, have owned for almost a year about 30 hours on it now, I already did my 50 hour service. (since Id hit 50 hours mid winter)
Only issue was a bit of a hard start in cold temps (0 to -30F), just had to cycle glow plugs 4 -5 times, but hoping to have fixed this issue with synthetic oil and pan heaters.
Yes it blows a small puff of black smoke on start up, but without having a DPF and DEF it probably needs to warm up for full filtering (like a traditional catalytic)
Other than this , it does most things I ask of it at 1800-2000rpms, only needing to rev up for PTO/heavy backhoe work.

Had my 4wd lever seize on the shaft, but dealer sent me a new one no questions asked and even gave me free oil filter and oil for my 50 hour service for my trouble. Although it wasnt much trouble since I just unhooked the lever and switched it in and out of 4wd with some Vice-grips.

My brakes hold fine, even on a decent grade with backhoe and loader on (If they dont, Id suspect they are out of adjustment)
They do use a ton of paint on it (which in my eyes isnt a bad thing) and Mine did not have paint on the alternator or fan/fanbelt
Easily moves and lifts itself at idle, loader seems very well built and welded as well as backhoe and blower (maybe Canada has different source for accessories/implements?)
Air Filter gets replaced at 50 hours just like oil for me (cheap insurance)

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #64  
Im very happy with my 2015 Emax 25, have owned for almost a year about 30 hours on it now, I already did my 50 hour service. (since Id hit 50 hours mid winter)
Only issue was a bit of a hard start in cold temps (0 to -30F), just had to cycle glow plugs 4 -5 times, but hoping to have fixed this issue with synthetic oil and pan heaters.
Yes it blows a small puff of black smoke on start up, but without having a DPF and DEF it probably needs to warm up for full filtering (like a traditional catalytic)
Other than this , it does most things I ask of it at 1800-2000rpms, only needing to rev up for PTO/heavy backhoe work.

Had my 4wd lever seize on the shaft, but dealer sent me a new one no questions asked and even gave me free oil filter and oil for my 50 hour service for my trouble. Although it wasnt much trouble since I just unhooked the lever and switched it in and out of 4wd with some Vice-grips.

My brakes hold fine, even on a decent grade with backhoe and loader on (If they dont, Id suspect they are out of adjustment)
They do use a ton of paint on it (which in my eyes isnt a bad thing) and Mine did not have paint on the alternator or fan/fanbelt
Easily moves and lifts itself at idle, loader seems very well built and welded as well as backhoe and blower (maybe Canada has different source for accessories/implements?)
Air Filter gets replaced at 50 hours just like oil for me (cheap insurance)

It doesn't do to rush the 50 hour. Gears, bearing surfaces and such haven't had a change to fully lap in yet.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #65  
Odd first post, I don't know how a dealer could struggle with that question when the emax out specs the 1025r in almost every category and it's cheaper.

It's just fresh....I bought the 1025r a couple of weeks ago. I found it odd as well that the dealer couldn't give me a reason. I had an open mind and didn't lean one way or the other. They were about the same price which I was surprised at. I thought the JD would be more than the M

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #66  
It doesn't do to rush the 50 hour. Gears, bearing surfaces and such haven't had a change to fully lap in yet.

I didnt want to rush it either, but the choice was do it now at 15C or do it in a few months at -20C to -40C, plus it was a left over model that sat at the dealer for over a year, so I was a bit worried about condensation and oxidation of the oil/Hyd fluid.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #67  
It's just fresh....I bought the 1025r a couple of weeks ago. I found it odd as well that the dealer couldn't give me a reason. I had an open mind and didn't lean one way or the other. They were about the same price which I was surprised at. I thought the JD would be more than the M
I found the prices quite comparable when I was shopping as well, Mahindra made me the better deal, with the attachments I wanted. But I found it hard to compare an Emax to a 1025R, capability wise it wasnt even close, I found you had to go up a model or two in the Deere lineup to get similar capability, then there was a HUGE price difference.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #68  
bn12595 Do you still have this tractor and are you happy with it. A dealer in my area has a 2014 emax22 gear drive with loader and mower I can get for just under $10K. The tractor has 104 hours on it and was traded on a hydro one. I think this is a great price and wanted your imput on the gear tractor. Thanks
I've been happy with my Emax22Gear. Inexpensive little tractor. Bought new in Feb 2016 for $11,600 with loader (last years model deal). Can't hardly buy a big 4 wheeler for that and you get a lot more utility for my small orchard (25 apple trees). 44 hours so far. Had one problem. The loader bucket has cracked around the center hydraulic pad. Awaiting a new bucket under warranty.
Barry

View attachment 482129View attachment 482130

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #69  
Loving my eMax25s. Picked it up December 2016 to start my retirement biz. So far, 84hrs later, it's still a good choice over green, blue and orange.

Use it to do residential leveling and grading. It sits in the garage since I can't fit my truck in. Fits into backyards where others can't plus the tires keep grass damage low.

I will be building a blast box to help get the most out of the FEL capacity. Even with filled tires it need about 300 lbs more.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #70  
My little eMax 22 surprised me when I had to use it to move some manure in large trash cans from the barn to the pile and later to scoop up a pile just dumped outside. It was very muddy from lots of rain. With 4WD engaged it sailed right through the mud and never came close to being stuck. This is with the "industrial" tires, not ags. Very please with the little beast, it really got us out of a jam when the manure spreader was broke down. It's sitting in the barn now, covered in mud, mostly, and waiting for a bath.