Are John Deere Tractors the same as McDonalds Ice Cream Machines??

/ Are John Deere Tractors the same as McDonalds Ice Cream Machines?? #11  
Try to stay clear of the Macdonald’s myself.
The inoperable ice cream machines has been a joke for awhile.

/ Are John Deere Tractors the same as McDonalds Ice Cream Machines?? #12  
I haven't been to a McD for MANY years now. The wife's Deere runs just fine though.

/ Are John Deere Tractors the same as McDonalds Ice Cream Machines?? #13  
It sounds like McDonald's staff got lazy and so management went for the high cost one push button "self clean automatic reset" model which takes 4 hours for cleaning and prone to breakage, instead of the old manual clean machines which requires only 45mins of human effort, and was super reliable. The old ones never broke down, but its hard to get staff these days who want to spend 45mins cleaning up after the store closes at 11pm.

/ Are John Deere Tractors the same as McDonalds Ice Cream Machines?? #14  
IMG_4324.JPG

/ Are John Deere Tractors the same as McDonalds Ice Cream Machines?? #15  
I, like everyone else, has noticed the McD ice cream machines spend too much time inoperable,,

The Federal government is investigating McD's ice cream machines,,
it appears that the machines are "overly sophisticated",
and when they stop working,, an outside service guy needs to be called in.

If you read the articles, it appears that the Feds are placing the ice cream machines in the same category as the John Deere tractors that owners can not service.

The article I read stated that some franchise owners were paying to have an employee trained to service the ice cream machine, so that they could have more "up time"

The article said that the ice cream machine has some super sophisticated clean cycle that takes 4 hours to complete,,
If the machine stops for any reason during the clean, a service guy must be called in,,

Does this sound like the new clean diesel issues that are so commonly discussed here on the forum?
Is this ice cream machine diesel powered? :eek:
Is the ice cream being made out of DEF fluid?? o_O

What are your thoughts?? :unsure:
i owned a big coffee shop years ago, niece ran it, i fixed stuff and went broke. in an attempt to increase sales at nite, i bought and installed a frozen custard machine.

1st.....there are all kinds of rules about what you can call the product. it has something to do with the fats in dairy. remember all the soft serve products that don't call themselves ice cream? Dairy Queen, Dairy King, Soft Serve etcetc.

2nd. ......i had to provide 3 phase, 220 i believe? That was a nitemare

3rd. The restaurant business is.....dirty. Prepping food makes a-mess and it's a big big job just to keep up. Watch bar rescue show when they go into a kitchen......nasty and oh so common! Adding frozen custard increased our cleaning by 50%? It was terrible!

Didn't come close to covering cost!

Real frozen custard mix is very expensive and it's.....good!

/ Are John Deere Tractors the same as McDonalds Ice Cream Machines?? #16  
3rd. The restaurant business is.....dirty. Prepping food makes a-mess and it's a big big job just to keep up. Watch bar rescue show when they go into a kitchen......nasty and oh so common! Adding frozen custard increased our cleaning by 50%? It was terrible!
Never heard of frozen custard before, maybe it's southern thing (or else anyone around here who tried it learned the same lesson you did). Why did you think that would bring in more business in the evening if I may ask?

As far as Bar Rescue, yeah most of those featured places were pretty gross! No wonder they were losing money. There's a similar show featuring a guy with a British accent who does the same thing with regular restaurants. All in all, kinda makes you want to swear off eating out!

/ Are John Deere Tractors the same as McDonalds Ice Cream Machines?? #17  
I used to eat McDonalds all the time when I was younger. It would be nothing for me to get lunch at the drive though 4 or 5 times a week! And typically lunch was a 20 piece chicken nugget, bbq sauce, two large fries, and a large Dr. Pepper.
Id mix it up sometimes, but that was my go-to.

Then,... I stopped.

I got married to a woman who hated fast food. She worked at Arbys during high school and told me horror stories. I dropped McDonalds and any other fast food place completely after watching a documentary called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead." I tried a similar diet, lost a ton of weight and felt really good. But I decided to cheat one day, went back to McDonalds. I got a large fry, that was it, as the smell was soooo tantalizing. I bit into a few fries and nearly threw up! The smell was nostalgic, the taste, texture, and grease were horrendous! Seriously, never been back. That was ~2010.

While I say all this, And to get back on topic, I do not believe that McDonalds, John Deere, or anyone else should be allowed to create overly sophisticated mechanisms designed to fail and be the only ones allowed to fix it for their named price. HOWEVER, I also believe that the Government shouldn't be the ones to dictate to these companies on how they should or shouldn't do business in this manor (or any manor). Let the market sort it out. People will go to Dairy Queen, Baskin Robins, Cold Stone, or the myriad of other choices available to them. Much like John Deere, chose the more freedom loving company that will allow you to service your own machine. Enough people do it, the less business JD or McDonalds will have. Hopefully the fix their problems and do things right.

/ Are John Deere Tractors the same as McDonalds Ice Cream Machines?? #18  
Eating at McDonald's is not an issue for me. Like everything in life, moderation is important, so I stop about twice a month for mainly breakfast items.

/ Are John Deere Tractors the same as McDonalds Ice Cream Machines?? #20  
Never heard of frozen custard before, maybe it's southern thing (or else anyone around here who tried it learned the same lesson you did). Why did you think that would bring in more business in the evening if I may ask?

As far as Bar Rescue, yeah most of those featured places were pretty gross! No wonder they were losing money. There's a similar show featuring a guy with a British accent who does the same thing with regular restaurants. All in all, kinda makes you want to swear off eating out!
frozen custard, imho, is better than gelato, the italian frozen custard. i grew up in milwaukee and there was a custard place called Kopps. Their frozen custard was so popular they would put "today's flavor" in the newspaper.

I tried to increase my coffee shop sales in the latter day parts because we were doing almost zero sales after lunch. my coffee shop was directly across from a huge university. the kids would go to mcdonald's and bring their bags of food and drinks and sit in my coffee shop and socialize.

The custard was Just another bad decision.