Are John Deere Tractors the same as McDonalds Ice Cream Machines??

/ Are John Deere Tractors the same as McDonalds Ice Cream Machines?? #21  
I’m wondering; will a Macdonalds ice cream stay fresh forever like their fries?

/ Are John Deere Tractors the same as McDonalds Ice Cream Machines?? #22  
I decided to cheat one day, went back to McDonalds. I got a large fry, that was it, as the smell was soooo tantalizing. I bit into a few fries and nearly threw up! The smell was nostalgic, the taste, texture, and grease were horrendous! Seriously, never been back. That was ~2010.
For a fast food chain their fries are OK, not great but OK. I've had better, I've had worse.
I do not believe that McDonalds, John Deere, or anyone else should be allowed to create overly sophisticated mechanisms designed to fail and be the only ones allowed to fix it for their named price. HOWEVER, I also believe that the Government shouldn't be the ones to dictate to these companies on how they should or shouldn't do business in this manor (or any manor). Let the market sort it out. People will go to Dairy Queen, Baskin Robins, Cold Stone, or the myriad of other choices available to them. Much like John Deere, chose the more freedom loving company that will allow you to service your own machine. Enough people do it, the less business JD or McDonalds will have. Hopefully the fix their problems and do things right.
I'm not sure what you mean by "freedom loving company that will allow you to service your own machine", the customers who go to McDonald's don't have anything to do with the equipment. I believe there should be safety/cleanliness standards, but I don't agree that companies should be banned from doing things some people don't like.
Have JD sales plummeted because of their policies? I'm guessing not...most, if not all motor vehicles are sophisticated enough that more and more repairs need to be made by dealers, welcome to the 21st century.

Not everyone has a myriad of choices for restaurants though...if I want a fast burger my choice is BK or McDonalds, anything else is over an hour's drive away.
Eating at McDonald's is not an issue for me. Like everything in life, moderation is important, so I stop about twice a month for mainly breakfast items.
Not my first choice for a burger & fries, but if I'm hungry and in a hurry I'll go there too. Clearly they're doing something right.
The burger chain whose longevity baffles me is White Castle. My wife had never been to one, so we stopped there on a road trip we took this summer. She agreed that once was enough...gaaak their food is bad, and the service not much better. At least they don't all seem to be in bad neighborhoods anymore.