Are new discoveries always good?

/ Are new discoveries always good? #41  
That was later revised with more recent studies.
Look dough, you value environmentalism more than people. Its ok-there’s millions of people out there in your camp.
I prefer NOT to see 10s of millions of people die needlessly and helplessly from Malaria. I don’t like to see 10’s of millions of people suffer over shaky (at best) science that has been largely refuted.

You roll your way- I hold nothing against that.

/ Are new discoveries always good? #43  
I'd almost take fogging over the weird dreams anti-malarial meds induced, that was a trip.

/ Are new discoveries always good? #44  
And would be nice to rid the environment of disgusting biting flies that transmit deadly diseases.

/ Are new discoveries always good? #45  
And would be nice to rid the environment of disgusting biting flies that transmit deadly diseases.

Absolutely; I'm a fan of DDT, but nothing is particularly good for you in concentrated doses. I'm just saying that if I were forced into some bizarre situation where I can either go on anti-malarial meds or get an extra dose of super-breathable DDT, I'm taking the DDT. It really adds nothing to the conversation, other than providing first-hand account of a disdain for anti-malarial meds, which exist in various forms because mosquitos and malaria still exist.

/ Are new discoveries always good? #46  
Sometimes you wonder if these environmentalists seem to love biting bugs more than people themselves have any love for their fellow man.
They’re like people who got picked on and beat up in grade school and decided to chose a stinkin‘ biting fly over 10 million dead people. Easy choice for me. If it’s reasonably safe, Spray away. Not one death of a human being ever documented from DDT.

/ Are new discoveries always good? #47  
When you see people on the same level of animals it gets easier to regard them as such, and certainly that couldn't lead to anything bad.

/ Are new discoveries always good?
Another lazy myth that has been debunked

From the Wall Street Journal:

"The use of DDT under the regulations involved here does not have a deleterious effect on freshwater fish, estuarine organisms, wild birds or other wildlife."

”The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service attributed bald eagle population reductions to a "widespread loss of suitable habitat," but noted that "illegal shooting continues to be the leading cause of direct mortality in both adult and immature bald eagles," according to a 1978 report in the Endangered Species Tech Bulletin.
A 1984 National Wildlife Federation publication listed hunting, power line electrocution, collisions in flight and poisoning from eating ducks containing lead shot as the leading causes of eagle deaths.

In addition to these reports, numerous scientific studies and experiments vindicate DDT.

U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service biologists fed large doses of DDT to captive bald eagles for 112 days and concluded that "DDT residues encountered by eagles in the environment would not adversely affect eagles or their eggs," according to a 1966 report published in the "Transcripts of 31st North America Wildlife Conference."

Source: The Myth that DDT Caused Egg Thinning and Depletion of Eagles
Your 1966 debunked story has been debunked. DDT has been proven many times to cause eggshell thinning among eagles and brown pelicans. Please read some newer articles about this. Google is full of them. Here's one from the EPA: The Case of DDT: Revisiting the Impairment | US EPA
I lived in South Louisiana for 50 years without ever seeing a brown pelican which is our state bird. Following the ban on DDT they flourished and again are everywhere now. Certainly not endangered anymore.

/ Are new discoveries always good? #50  
I know one it killed. Jane Mansfield.
Wow! I had to look it up. You’re correct. Instant death for everyone in the front seat.

1659164821643.png