Are you this old?

/ Are you this old?
Recognize these 70 something yo's?

6234F037-48A9-4FD3-BBC8-8B65317A4492.jpeg

/ Are you this old? #212  
The first two on the left, yes. The guy on the right, I had to cheat and let Google Lens find him.

/ Are you this old? #213  
I learned to count change in the greenhouse when I was about 13... the order was $13.64, she gives a 20 so here's (handing her 36 cents) One,(hand her a dollar) Fifteen, and 5 makes twenty. When I ran register at other places though, neither the owner of the customers wanted to wait that long.

For years as a customer I knew exactly what my order would come to and how much change I should get; I'd like to have all of the money I've given back because the clerk was wrong. Now though, most convenience stores don't post prices or give receipts; so it's a crap shoot if you get the right change back. When things do have prices it doesn't mean anything; I once argued with a clerk for 20 minutes trying to get my 60 cents back and finally gave up.

/ Are you this old? #214  
The first two on the left, yes. The guy on the right, I had to cheat and let Google Lens find him.
Well good for you. Now are you going to share with us? :)

/ Are you this old? #215  
Those bikes are way after my time . . . 😉
The one with training wheels would indicate that someone's little brother/sister got to come along.

/ Are you this old? #216  
In the olden days, everyone could do arithmetic. 25 cents a gallon was 4 gallons for a dollar. Duh. $0.239 was 4.26 gallons for a dollar, call it 4 gallons and a quart. If you are really old you can remember when people did arithmetic.
I used to do long division in my head but those days are long gone.

/ Are you this old? #217  
I used to do long division in my head but those days are long gone.
I still like to do math in my head just for the mental exercise. I back anything important up with a calculator though.

A college classmate could give you the product of any two digit numbers as easily as I can say that 2x3 is 6. It would be interesting to see of he still has that 40+ years later.