Aren't you the lucky one(s)

/ Aren't you the lucky one(s) #61  
LoneCowboy said:
I tell you what, nothing makes me madder than people who have literally no idea what I do in the background whine about price.

AMEN Believe me, I can sympathize with that sentiment!

And as far as hardheadedness being a virtue....well it depends entirely on what we are hard headed about, right? Things like persistence, loyalty, diligence, hustle, etc etc are only good things when applied to good ends. One can be persistently stupid, loyal to the wrong person or ideal, diligent in foolishness and can hustle in the act of futility.

/ Aren't you the lucky one(s) #62  
I often get people 'shopping' around for headstones. A lot of times when I want the sale I may give them a quote of $2,500 for example, but if they buy right now they can get it for say $2,200....but if they come back tomorrow it's $2,500 again. Usually that and a free vase or something puts the kabash on the shopping around. I don't have time for 3 or 4 office appointments for a customer to make up their mind. When I'm in the office that means I'm not in the cemetery getting work done.

/ Aren't you the lucky one(s) #63  
My son bid on mowing in a rural sub division a couple miles from our house. I went with him to look it over since he is a teenager and using my equipment. After looking at all the empty lots we talked the guy in charge of the sub division and told him that because of grass being waist high that it would be better to mow with a bush hog and better for our equipment at least the first time. He really liked this idea and said that he would like to just bushhog it every 4 to 6 weeks and that another bidder had suggested the same thing. He recieved 3 bids my son was $15 cheaper then the high bidder but $200 higher then the low bidder so needless to say he was not awarded the bid. This was around Memorial day weekend and those empty lots have not all been mowed yet. He has called here twice wanting my son to match the low bid. I keep telling my son to tell him no and in fact fuel has went up since then so it may be more now. Last I heard he was trying to get someone to bail it for the hay so he can get it mowed for nothing. Most of the home owners are upset with the way the sub division looks. My guess is that someone else will be in charge of the association next year.