Arlo pro 2 camera system ??

/ Arlo pro 2 camera system ?? #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
Anyone using the arlo pro 2 camera security system?If so how do you like it,good bad ugly?

Last edited:
   / Arlo pro 2 camera system ?? #2  
Well, they're expensive... so they must be good, right? :D

/ Arlo pro 2 camera system ??
Well, they're expensive... so they must be good, right? :D
I would not say they are expensive at $318 for base station plus 2 cameras at best buy if you say so.

/ Arlo pro 2 camera system ?? #4  
I think I read in the description that the Arlos only offer cloud storage of the images/video they take. With only satellite internet service available here, that was a non-starter for me.

/ Arlo pro 2 camera system ?? #5  
If I recall correctly, you must sign up for a subscription plan to store/review/use video. No go for me.

/ Arlo pro 2 camera system ?? #6  
I feel I got shafted when I bought the Netgear predecessor to the Arlo which has all the same functions. Then a year later they came out with the Arlo and dropped support for my system.

Wouldn't trust netgear to not do it again.

/ Arlo pro 2 camera system ?? #7  
I would not say they are expensive at $318 for base station plus 2 cameras at best buy if you say so.
coobie, you are actually correct, my word choice was poor since in fact I think all cameras are expensive. Let me say instead overpriced, because no matter what their absolute price is you are paying too much if you get them, in my opinion.

Installed the arlo pro 2 camera system yesterday.Just downloaded the app(free)to my phone.So far I like it.

If I recall correctly, you must sign up for a subscription plan to store/review/use video. No go for me.
That is not correct,free app to download on your phone..

/ Arlo pro 2 camera system ?? #10  
Thanks for updating us. Can you get the cameras to write photo/video data to a hard drive somewhere on your network?

And can you see the output of the cameras when you are away from the home, via the Internet?

Thanks again!