As a customer what is acceptable to you?

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #41  
Neraly EVERYTHING in all the auto parts stores comes from China!
It doesn't matter where they come from, there's a difference in quality.

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #42  
I feel a ton here. I've ordered things, just before this whole 'shortage' went sideways. Big ticket items I was waiting to purchase. Now, I've spent close to life changing amounts of cash on items I dont currently have. Items that are somewhat time sensitive for projects, as in, would like to get before winter, ordered this last spring, and all I get from the supplier is "its on backorder." Yet they still advertise the products and you can still order them with nothing in the descriptions or anywhere about delays. I can be really patient about delays. I do understand about shortages and doing without for a while. But when a supplier takes my hard earned cash, and all I get is nothing, not even a curtesy email with updates, then I get upset.

What this has taught me: I am currently in the market for another high ticket item. No one seems to have them in stock, and some sites state that they are out 10-12 weeks on orders... which means they might have that item this time next year, but that is also unlikely. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice..., I'm not spending my money on hopes that the item will come back before I need it. I'll hold on to my cash and wait until a supplier has stock. I dont want to be put on a list. I dont want to be lied to. I definitely dont want to give someone an interest free loan until they can provide my product. I work hard for my money. If these suppliers are not shipping product, and they are collecting paychecks... who's paying their wages? I'm not anymore. Not going to pay for someone to tell me they cannot ship to me.

The real issue I see is laziness. Oh, I'll get hate for that. But its true. People are using the pandemic as an excuse not to work. I see it here, in my own job. People are "working" from home, collecting a paycheck, not doing work, but telling everyone that "I get more work done because of fill in the blank." I no longer say "because of COVID, I cannot get..." I say "because of the people's response to the pandemic, I cannot get..." Because that's what it is. Now I'll get hate because the pandemic is killing everyone so we need to stay at home and be safe... yet people dont stay at home, the pandemic is over, and wasn't nearly as bad as the governments and media would like you to believe. Yet we have screwed ourselves over and we will feel the consequences of our actions for many years to come.

How will it get fixed? Or go back to the way it was? GET BACK TO WORK! Open back up! Stop listening to the media, stop pretending that if you go to work that your going to kill people, stop being afraid to live a meaningful life.

Ok... rant over.

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #43  
I feel your pain.

Paying people to sit at home does nothing but create product shortages and supply chain problems.

It’s the Soviet Union 25 years ago.

Those that do not understand history are doomed to repeat history.

MoKelly

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #44  
Rather than say “widget” or “high ticket item” tell us what you are really looking for. We might be able to help.

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #45  
   / As a customer what is acceptable to you? #46  
I’m not saying your choices are wrong but they are very specific. You could get something different that would function as well but not be what you want exactly. For example the local farm store always has tanks in stock but not on legs, you’d just have to build something for legs.

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #47  
I didn’t read all the responses to the thread, but I have 2 points.

1. On April 2, 2021 (5 months ago) the rear shock absorber failed on my 2020 RAM. The dealership still has no delivery date of when it will arrive through their parts department. This is always blamed on Covid.
Keep in mind, this is a shock absorber, not a computer module.

2. For those of you looking for things like the OP is (grapples, buckets, tractors, or other “big ticket” items), I would suggest looking for clean, used versions. Look on Craigs List, Equipment Trader, etc. Covid has bankrupted an estimated 30% of the businesses in this country (perhaps purposefully) and there are a lot of items for sale or getting ready to be sold.

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #48  
I didn’t read all the responses to the thread, but I have 2 points.

1. On April 2, 2021 (5 months ago) the rear shock absorber failed on my 2020 RAM. The dealership still has no delivery date of when it will arrive through their parts department. This is always blamed on Covid.
Keep in mind, this is a shock absorber, not a computer module.

2. For those of you looking for things like the OP is (grapples, buckets, tractors, or other “big ticket” items), I would suggest looking for clean, used versions. Look on Craigs List, Equipment Trader, etc. Covid has bankrupted an estimated 30% of the businesses in this country (perhaps purposefully) and there are a lot of items for sale or getting ready to be sold.
As sad as it is, you're right.

The used market is crazy expensive too.

A JD 4200 popped up on a used trade side. That tractor's sales price is listed at $14000 in 19999 by tractordata. Add a loader.
Now, 23 years and about 2500 hours later, the seller is asking $17000 CAN.

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #49  
Also, production has slowed or in some cases ceased altogether. You can barely get a new trailer or several other pieces of equipment. People are being paid to stay home and that is eating the supply chains lunch.
Everyone knows a healthy work environment is better than staying home, yet look whats happened in the last year

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #50  
@Hay Dude and others, you also have to keep in mind that products being manufactured outside the US are getting hung at the ports. I had a huge shipment coming in from the far east back in April. The ship was re-routed to 3 western US/Canada ports 5 times while it sat off the coast for 6 weeks trying to get a berth. US ports are backed up, suffering from labor shortages, suffering from Customs labor shortages and so on.

The shock for the RAM probably is sitting on a ship somewhere..

Now I can't get chips to make our product. I'm running in circles trying to get the parts we need to keep our business chugging and shipments to our customers within our one business day promises... So far we have managed but it is getting really difficult.

Sorry that all are having such troubles. Know that most businesses are trying. They don't want to disappoint their customers. I do agree that if they can't predict deliveries, they need to tell their customer that they cannot make a promise.

In our business, we do not take money in advance. We think that to be wrong business. On the day we ship, that is the day we take the money. Mind, our products sell for far less than the tractor products discussed here. I can see manufacturers wanting to hold a customer to their order... That said, the manufacture must be transparent and release any customer who cannot wait for the machine they previously ordered if the delivery keeps being pushed out. Customer has work to do... Customer should not be held hostage..