As we age, Growing old is the most extreme sport.

/ As we age, Growing old is the most extreme sport. #12  
I'm currently watching a physically healthy 79 y/o neighbor loose his mind entirely with dementia/alzheimer's. It's not pleasant or quick.

/ As we age, Growing old is the most extreme sport. #14  
I read the one link it looked like standing on one leg for 10 seconds was the test. I can do it for a minute but it actually took practice. I can sit down without touching anything but it takes one hand to get up. The video showed a younger girl getting up without touching supposedly but I think her knee touched.

/ As we age, Growing old is the most extreme sport. #15  
I'm 74 and have difficulty with the idea that I might soon have to think about giving up my dirt bike and snowmobile. 2016 Husky TE300 and 2017 Summit 850 165" track, both of which are more capable machines than I am now capable of making full use of. At least I might be able to ride my Sportster for awhile yet.

/ As we age, Growing old is the most extreme sport. #16  
that took my FIL. I liked him. It was awful.
Yeh, it ain't great. Well even if not that, if something don't get you in a timely manner, then you'll be a very oldass effer. Fully cognitive or otherwise, what's so great about that?

Personally, I maintain a strict regiment of moderately abusing my body with booze, cannabis, and tobacco. Moderation is the key. The goal is to destroy myself before I get too old, but not too soon either. I'm confident it will work.

/ As we age, Growing old is the most extreme sport. #17  
One of my younger sisters is in failing health from lifelong use of alcohol and tobacco. She has liver failure, COPD, back problems and increasing dementia. It's really hard to see her declining condition, but she made her choices. What has made it harder for her was when her husband of 25 years ignored obvious signs of a tumor that spread and killed him ten years ago.

/ As we age, Growing old is the most extreme sport. #18  
2 knee replacements and one back surgery I guess I am screwed ..

/ As we age, Growing old is the most extreme sport. #19  
Healthy living is slowest form of suicide....

Sitting here or in front of the TV is the worst thing I can do. Wandering the woods alone (or with a dog or 3) , up and down the hills is the best mental health exercise for me. Dealing with people makes me go out to the woods every single time.

/ As we age, Growing old is the most extreme sport. #20  
I watched a woman dying of lung cancer. It wasn't pleasant or quick.
Lung cancer took my first wife. She must have quit smoking 100 times, but was never able to stick with it. Nagging didn't seem to do any good. :confused:
Personally, I maintain a strict regiment of moderately abusing my body with booze, cannabis, and tobacco. Moderation is the key. The goal is to destroy myself before I get too old, but not too soon either. I'm confident it will work.
I've managed to avoid all 3, don't feel like I've missed anything, an occasional beer or glass of wine is about it. If I follow in the footsteps of my father & grandfather I'll go fairly quickly around 84.