Asssment of Korean Tractor Manufacturers

/ Asssment of Korean Tractor Manufacturers #131  
Sure, but that pretty clearly isn't their target audience because they're trying to be a value brand, not a luxury brand. A nicer cab interior is great, but it doesn't help you do the work better, and raises the price.

It appears the Korean tractor companies are doing the exact same thing that Hyundai and KIA have done in the car world. Start out with basic, solid, machines that drastically undercut their competitors from Japan (Honda, Toyota, and Acura) to build a loyal following, brand recognition, and revenue stream. As they go along, the offer nicer, and nicer machines, and I'm betting eventually their top models will be right there with Kubota, Massey/Iseki, Etc.

My 6530C with loader was $37k with a $1k discount back in 2007 with a hay spike and 6' MDuty shredder. I wouldn't call that cheap. I bought it over popular colors as it had more amenities than the other colors and had a Komatsu (Japanese heavy equipment mfgr.) Cummins licensed B 3.3 NA direct injection, naturally aspired, 4 cyl engine.

/ Asssment of Korean Tractor Manufacturers #132  
I know this thread is kind of old and was recently brought back to life. But the question of these brands still continues today. 3 years later and they are all still here. They have all updated somewhat to their lines. I think kioti has added the most as in adding both higher horse power over 100, and building up their smaller compact. I mean when i got on my ck2610, it felt refined and to be honest better quality and more feature than the L2501 i was looking at. It came with power steering rather than a weird steering gearbox with linkages up front. Not that Kubotas are bad, My dad bought a MX5200 and its a great machine and quiet too. But I think its just a better designed tractor than the L2501. I looked and thought about the other brands, but basically made my mind up on kiotis price and financing option. I think the thing with these korean brands is they are pretty well made machines and only improving. I looked at LS and Branson, Both decent machines, but the Kioti dealer was 9 miles away where the others were 40. I think location of dealer has alot to do with it as well. So 3 years out I think it is still very much Kioti and LS at the forefront of korean tractors, I think LS has added to the dealership network, as I honestly never heard of one 4 years ago in my area. They too have added a new subcompact line. But Kioti with larger tractors and more premium offers along with cheaper lines does add lots of options to a potential buyer. Also going to point out the Mechron UTV, I have only seen them at dealer but they look like a nice solid machine with a diesel motor for 9,999, the comparable kubota was 13,000 when i was at the fair this week with two dealers right next to each other. But to me, that does show that Kioti is in it for the long haul and putting out more diverse equipment. Not to long ago, kubota just made tractors now they are into baling equipment, skid loaders, other construction equipment. I think Kioti may be trying the hardest. But like I said, LS is doing a good job too. Now Branson, there is not a ton of support in michigan where i live. But they look like heavy nice machines, and they have worked hard at their line as well. Some functional improvements and aesthetics as well. Now, for TYM. I got no problem with tyms, they look stout and decent quality, but they really havent fixed any issues they had 3 years ago. They do make for mahindra a model, and that can go pretty far, also recently Rural King, is importing them as RK tractors, only a couple models, but overall the same. People said earlier that they should stick to just making for others, and I think its probably time to concede and remain a big player abroad and locally in korea as well as producing tractors for other brands. But it just doesnt seem to be getting the market penetration. Who knows what another 3 years will show.

But I predict a few things can happen one thing on peoples minds is, North Korea and escalation of war. Will it disrupt manufacturing?If after a war will it mean a unifed korea, meaning a bigger regional power with more need for farming and equipment(if you dont know north korea is severly lacking in ag equipment). These can be big factors. What brand will be able to weather the potential conflict. Which brand would be able to market to the 20 something million north korean who have been using oxen for the last 1000 years. Who knows but its an interesting
thought.

/ Asssment of Korean Tractor Manufacturers #133  
I met an Amish fella at a road side produce stand in the Virginia countryside. He had a Kioti with over 5000hrs on it. Said the only issues he had with it was having to replace a couple front wheel bearings.

Not Korean, but the Japanese Yanmar company is fighting pretty hard in the North American market too. Their new YT3 series is impressive.