AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet

/ AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet #1  

Teachu2

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DS3510 Husqvarna GT48DXLS
I live in the Sierra Nevada foothills, in a rural area. No cable, no DSL. After suffering with Dish and Exede (Hughes) for the last five years, with speeds of ~3mbps, along comes AT&T with a cellular alternative. I've had it a month or so, and it's GREAT! Usually over 50mbps, even when it's raining or snowing. I can stream, run multiple devices, and upload at over 10mbps. It's like a whole new world! I also dumped DISH network tv service and went with DirectTV to get a bundle. Went through Costco to sign up and got a $200 gift card. Very happy camper!

/ AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet #2  
Sounds nice! Not available yet where we are. We're using a small rural radio based provider.

/ AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet #3  
Re: AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet

So what's the service called and price?
Ive been on the AT&T mobley unlimited plan for a year at $20 month.

/ AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet #4  
50mbps is great! What are the data limits? We have the "newest" Highesnet and it's certainly better than hotspotting from our phones.

/ AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet
   / AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet #6  
Thank you.

Con-sornet!! Dag-Nabit!! It's not available in my area..Oh well.

/ AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet #8  
I hope we do get better internet. We are starting a farm and believe it or not, we use the internet for everything. Not having high speed net puts us at a disadvantage.

/ AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet #9  
This is AT&T's answer to CAF, the Connect America Fund. Instead of building out their wired infrastructure they are doing it wirelessly. Pretty smart actually. It's expensive to put cable in the ground. They install a wireless gateway and usually an external antenna on your house. Uses the same towers and equipment as the Mobley, but the Mobley Unlimited plan is $22 a month. However, keep in mind, they are being subsidized by your tax dollars to do this and make sure you read the fine print.

Fixed Wireless Internet offer
Fixed Wireless Internet is a high-speed Internet access service providing download speeds of at least 10Mbps/1Mbps upload. Available in select rural areas in the U.S. only.

$60 AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet Offer: Pricing for residential customers only. After 12 mos., then prevailing rate (currently $70/mo.) applies unless customer calls to cancel. Requires installation of AT&T outdoor antennae and indoor Residential Gateway. Up to $99 installation fee applies. Overage Charges: Plan includes 215GB data allowance per month. $10 per 50GB of additional data up to a maximum of $200 per mo. All data allowances, incl. overages, must be used in billing period in which allowance is provided. Early Termination Fee: Up to $120 prorated ETF may apply ($10 for each month remaining on term of commitment). If service is canceled, must return Residential Gateway to AT&T within 21 days or pay $150 Equipment Non-Return fee. Equipment Non-Return fee will be refunded if Residential Gateway is returned within 90 days of cancellation.

/ AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet #10  
I found out about it when I got a mailer. Called the regular AT&T sales line, and they didn't have any information on it. Luckily, the mailer gave me a direct contact to the Fixed Wireless sales people. AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet - Rural Internet Without a Satellite

215GB of data per month, $50

Thanks for the link. Would be great to get 215GB/$50 but clicked their "Check availability" button and nothing happened. Been my experience that's par for the course for AT&T, they talk-the-talk but don't walk-the-walk. :thumbdown: