At the hay !

/ At the hay ! #1  

D7E

Veteran Member
Tractor
Versatile 895 Versatile 876 Ford TW20 Ford TW5 MF 3505 FWA MF 390 FWA Ford 7600 Fiat 766 FWA JD 2030 MF 165 MF 35 Fordson major x 3 CAT 416 b Backhoe Case 580 b backhoe MF
Been a beautiful dry hot spring/summer. good for the hay/beans/corn ,not so much for the cereals but a very nice change in weather over recent years .

Only too soon it will be like the last pic and it will all be heading south 1000 miles !

/ At the hay ! #2  
Great pictures!

/ At the hay ! #3  
Good looking Hay!!! Our hot & dry here has about killed our hay production this year. If we don't get some rain soon we will be in big trouble. A neighbors first cutting was about one third of what he usually gets.

Praying for Rain

Charlie

/ At the hay ! #4  
Those are the biggest square bales I have ever seen.

Thanks for posting those scenes.:thumbsup:

/ At the hay ! #5  
Those are the biggest square bales I have ever seen.

Thanks for posting those scenes.:thumbsup:

Those look like the "California squares" you see being hauled down I5 from the Oregon hayfields to the feed lots around Stockton and further South in the Central Valley.

/ At the hay ! #6  
Good looking Hay!!! Our hot & dry here has about killed our hay production this year. If we don't get some rain soon we will be in big trouble. A neighbors first cutting was about one third of what he usually gets.

Praying for Rain

Charlie

those are some fine looking bales of hay.even if we get rain here itll be to late to get another cutting of hay because everything is bone dry an turned to dust.it would take a 10 inch rain to maybe get a cutting of hay in oct.

/ At the hay ! #7  
Those look like the "California squares" you see being hauled down I5 from the Oregon hayfields to the feed lots around Stockton and further South in the Central Valley.

When they talk about california/western hay around here they are talking about 4x4s. :confused:

/ At the hay ! #8  
Nice looking hay. Up here in Ontario it is raining lots. Today we received about 1 inch of rain. With this rain we won't get into the fields for another day. After all the rain we got this month the weather forecast finally looks dry for the rest of the month. Perfect weather for haying.

/ At the hay !
Probably wont be a second cut here either i doubt . And yes these are 3x3 bales , very rare to see 4x4 any more .