Attachment Storage

/ Attachment Storage #1  

justinramani

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4035
We are building a house and the concrete blocks came on some very HD pallets. I decided to add some casters and test out some 3 point storage options. It actually worked our very well. Attachments are anywhere from 400 - 800 pounds and they move pretty easily. I got the casters for around 30 bucks on ebay (pack of 12 casters). How do you store your attachments???

uploadfromtaptalk1454282318317.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454282326185.jpg

/ Attachment Storage #2  
You don't have anywhere near enough "STUFF" in that building!!!!! My machine shed opens from the side, almost full length. 3pt attachments are in the back with engine powered/wheeled equipment parked in front. No need to move them around. But if needed, I'd do something like that!!! Good use of products on hand. :)

/ Attachment Storage #4  
I have axles to store my mower deck vertical and a lightweight stand on rollers for my 3 point log splitter. I'd like to have something portable for my box blade and snowblower, but I don't have to move the enough to get me past the relatively high cost of heavy duty casters.

/ Attachment Storage #6  
I store my attachments on dollies made from 1" rough cut hemlock and casters
purchased at a local wholesaler. 3" casters are $4.50 each, very reasonable and
they have stood up well so far with three years of use.
161611-1.JPG

There are other types of casters available also, but I chose the cast iron ones
to eliminate flat spots from prolonged storage in one place. If my memory serves
me correctly, each caster is rated for 250 lbs. so each dolly will hold up to
1000 lbs.

The dolly on top of the box blade is for my Pronovost Puma 74" snowblower
which weighs 640 lbs.

Last edited:
   / Attachment Storage #7  
I store everything except the rotary cutter on dollies I made from each, using some HD casters I got from Caster City, I think it was.
blade-1.jpg
chipper 1.jpg
carryall-2.jpg
tiller.jpg
vac-2.jpg

They all work well except for the chipper, which is very heavy and there is enough leaves and trash that blows in the open front to make the casters a bit tough to move.

/ Attachment Storage #8  
Maybe I should look around some more. The casters for my splitter are supposed to have 3 or 4 times the capacity I need but feel marginal. I put cast iron casters on my table saw and, again, they are just OK. I assumed I would be paying $20 per caster to support 500+ lbs.

/ Attachment Storage #9  
I get my casters from Surplus Center :thumbsup:

Note how wide these 500 pound rated casters are.

P5200010.JPG

This 3 point adapter is on a cheap furniture dolly.

PB140031.JPG

PB140034.JPG

/ Attachment Storage
My casters are rated for 350 lb each. I paid $30 for a set of 12 on ebay. For the price they work well.