ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please.

/ ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please. #121  
None as of yet, but I wouldn't let the name of their product stand in the way.
Besides, how many "professional" "respected" manufacturers are on here talking to you about their products?
Those guys are valuing your input about the construction of their products and it has resulted in belittling them over names.

/ ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please. #122  
Besides, how many "professional" "respected" manufacturers are on here talking to you about their products?
Those guys are valuing your input about the construction of their products and it has resulted in belittling them over names.
Agreed i did applaud them for their input but also suggest the name on the original blade in this post was a little "extreme" for its weight. The new one they are building would be deserving of severe extreme duty

/ ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please. #123  
Ok, that's one Wicked Awesome Severe Extreme Beastie. Do you want fries with that?

/ ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please. #124  
I admit ETA boxed themselves into a corner a little starting with adjectives so extreme and HD. But fundamentally they seem to be doing a great job of providing implements to offer folks (esp CUT owners) a wider range of price points.

And their Root grapple looks esp great. I am probably going to buy one of those, and maybe their most extreme box blade (current) but maybe with 1/2 inch sides rather than the 3/8 just to add weight in a simple way.

I applaud their approach and efforts overall and hope threads like this will not turn into p**sing contests....

/ ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please.
Here are a few pics of the beast coming together:
20130821_105017.jpg20130821_105054.jpg20130821_105107.jpg20130821_105146.jpg20130821_105159.jpg20130821_105942.jpg

/ ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please. #126  
That looks really good! We look forward to more progress pictures, thanks for sharing.

Rick

/ ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please. #127  
Here are a few pics of the beast coming together:
It has my approval. I could use it with my 60hp 2wd for general duty. If it is suitable for land learing too, i have to see how the blade and the back blade are tied together. A plate welded between them, backing both cutting edges so they carryan impact load together would approve. Also, how is the cutting edge attached ? will the bolts rip out of the plate when hooking it behind a 10" tree stump (which i take down with my 60hp tractor) or will it have sufficient distribution of the forces on the cutting edge into the frame ? This is a problem with the farm duty 3pt dirt scoops which are most popular here in Holland, comparable to the popularity of the box blade in the USA. We bought a heavy duty 3pt bucket and used it for wheel loader duties, digging holes so deep that you couldnt see the tractor anymore, land clearing and demolition.

the style of box you have here, is here in Holland usually a trailed land leveler because a long drawbar makes it easier to hold grade. When its a 3pt implement it will be used for a lot rougher work... but the double cutting edges tied together, may give it enough strength to do that..

For torsional stability we always weld two pushbars from the top of the top link tower, one to the rear left corner and one to the rear right corner. You need it when uprooting trees, pushing back and lifting the blade at the same time will put quite a force on it, as it will give the tractor more traction too...

Same is for a blade that leans more back, the dirt will climb up to it, giving more downforce which is required to keep it cutting when the load starts to heap up in front of it.

To us it behind the 8970 i'd want it to be wider than the tires, easier to hold grade and easier to dig holes or go around fenceposts.

Last edited:
   / ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please. #128  
I read most of this thread quickly. If all you guys can criticize are the names of their products, I think they're doing a pretty good job!
What's next? Are you going to advise Ted on which clothes he should wear in the videos?

I can't say for sure without rereading the entire thread, which I'm not going to do, but, I think everyone that criticized the names also gave constructive criticizm to the design. But if you think about it, isn't a name a reflection of the name givers mental state concerning the product?? I'd interject yelbike's post here if I knew how, something about sixth graders. :)

/ ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please. #129  

Hopefully you don't think they started this thread for our benefit do you?? They started this thread in an attempt to gain free knowledge thru experience about designing a heavy BB. No discount prices will be given to those that have contributed to that design on this thread. This is all about money. :rolleyes:

/ ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please. #130  
I think (hope) most of us are just having some fun criticizing the names. We have to do something while we wait for the video, right?
I don't care for the names because they make it challenging to quickly identify the blade style/weight on their site, and they do sound cheesy. But, they wouldn't affect my decision on whether to buy or not.