ATV Snowplow quality / price

/ ATV Snowplow quality / price #1  

HarleyScooter

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota/ BX2230
I have a Kawasaki Prairie 650 that I would like to put a snowplow on, with all the brands out there which one has the best quality for the price.
Thanks

/ ATV Snowplow quality / price #2  
I have a Curtis on my RRV and love it but then again its not winter yet.:)

Frank

/ ATV Snowplow quality / price #3  
I have 5 winters use on one from cycle country. Nothing bent or broken, it's starting to show some rust at the lower welds. about $400, 5 years ago.

/ ATV Snowplow quality / price
Thanks for the reply's, I came across a deal I couldn't pass up, a friend gave me a cycle country pushtube, I ordered a 60" blade and the mounting kit today. This will be new to me plowing with a atv, I have used a 20hp Wheelhorse for years but I upgraded to a Kubota BX 2230 a couple of months ago and just couldn't bring myself to pay the $2200 or so for all the parts to put a front blade on it. I did buy the Woods 60" back blade, but after reading some of the posts in the tractor section, I didn't think looking over my shoulder for 3 hours at a time was going to work out to good.
HarleyScooter

/ ATV Snowplow quality / price #5  
I've been plowing with an Artic Cat 400 and cycle country balde sine 98. Even though I have a Kub 7610 with fel and rear blade I will probably continue to use the ATV as it's faster and pushes even the deepest snow. Will probably use the tractor to do final cleanup up near the house and move some piles to keep melt away from the house.

You won't be dissapointed with the ATV setup.

Regards,
Kevin

/ ATV Snowplow quality / price #6  
I have a question about using a atv to plow snow. I have a sportsman 500 a nd a polaris blade. I can never seem to get the blade to clean a path down to the gravel. The blade seems to ride up, as I am driving. Do, I need to add more weight ? I would appreciate any feedback. I want to use the atv, but have had better results with a back blade on my 2410. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif <font color="[color:eek:range"> </font>

/ ATV Snowplow quality / price #7  
My blade has two small little skid devices that control how close the blade sits to the ground. Adjust them higher the blade sits lower. speed also plays a role in how and if the blade rides up. I took them off after the first few times I plowed with it and plowed without them thoughout that winter on my gravel portion of my drive. Hand raking the gravel from my lawn back into my drive the following spring convinced me to re-install them. Now I leave about 3/4" of snow on the gravel drive. I hope this helps

/ ATV Snowplow quality / price #8  
I use a front mounted winch to raise and lower the blade. Apparently the manual lever lift that I don't use, nor is installed is supposed to help the blade stay down but I have never had a problem with the blade staying on the ground and the springs always activate not the blade lifting when hitting resistance.

As far as speed....I have a circular drive and I get going at a pretty good clip even around the corners. The only problem I have is the machine will go through anything so I tend to take more than the plow can hold but that just breaks things up for the next run.

/ ATV Snowplow quality / price #9  
Are you sure none of your springs have came off. I have a Polaris 500 with Polaris blade also and it works great . I can plow at 20 miles an hour, or faster, if I choose. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Like was posted earlier I keep my blade off the surface and leave some snow on top of the gravel. The only time I have seen mine come up was when I was pushing straight and trying to pile up the snow in one area. If I keep the blade angled it just cuts in and rolls the snow out of the way.

/ ATV Snowplow quality / price #10  
I'm using the polaris blade that can be adjusted in several positions ( v,left,and right, etc.). I use the winch to raise an lower. I have difficulty cutting down to the ground and the snow builds up and causes the blade to raise up. I have the skids adjusted, but I do not get down pressure needed to do the job. I tried putting a concrete block the blade tube. This added more weight and seemed to help get better results. I know it's something I'm doing wrong any helpful hints will be much appreciated. THANKS Jerry
<font color="orange"> </font> /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif THANKS Jerry