ATV tires on a Zero Turn?

/ ATV tires on a Zero Turn? #31  
FWIW I had issued with the Big Bite tires on my Hustler. Skidding and spinning. But since they are an off size there are few bar style in 22X11-10. SO I ended up with these:
1660153972948.png

I had to cut the fenders as they were a little taller than stock and adjust the cutting deck but they have better performance. I can still spin the tires and cause damage but only if I'm careless.

/ ATV tires on a Zero Turn? #32  
Put these Carlisle Super Lugs on the Ryobi ZT480e. MUCH better traction. I have since turned them around: even more traction such that I did a wheelie going up a steep slope, and it came back on me. I kicked it to one side, and it landed on its right side. Works fine, but my back muscles were really sore for a couple weeks and still slightly sore.

Attachments

• New Tires on ZT 5 May 2022 (1).jpg
    New Tires on ZT 5 May 2022 (1).jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 89
   / ATV tires on a Zero Turn? #33  
Put these Carlisle Super Lugs on the Ryobi ZT480e. MUCH better traction. I have since turned them around: even more traction such that I did a wheelie going up a steep slope, and it came back on me. I kicked it to one side, and it landed on its right side. Works fine, but my back muscles were really sore for a couple weeks and still slightly sore.

Yeah, that happened to me while testing new chevron type tires on my ZD326, although it didn't go over.
Unfortunately it's counter intuitive (for me anyway) to pull the control bars back when the front end rears up. Going sideways on slopes I always make a mental note of what I'm going to do when things get sketchy.
Glad you weren't more seriously injured!

/ ATV tires on a Zero Turn? #34  
I was going to comment that the tires are on backwards (in the picture).

I've never pulled a wheelie but I'm very cautious on slopes. With the old tires it started spinning once and almost slid off a drop-off.

/ ATV tires on a Zero Turn? #35  
Yeah, that happened to me while testing new chevron type tires on my ZD326, although it didn't go over.
Unfortunately it's counter intuitive (for me anyway) to pull the control bars back when the front end rears up. Going sideways on slopes I always make a mental note of what I'm going to do when things get sketchy.
Glad you weren't more seriously injured!
Yeah. Same thinking. Intuitively, you want to push the oars forward if the front is rearing up. Could be a case for learning how to do wheelies on the flat to learn to counter by pulling back. Wonder if the joy stick now on some Ryobi models would be better?

/ ATV tires on a Zero Turn? #36  
Have been using the joystick on my Country Clipper for 7 years now. I can't understand why anyone would rather use the 2 sticks to operate a mower - would be totally uncomfortable after a couple hours in the seat.

/ ATV tires on a Zero Turn? #37  
Have been using the joystick on my Country Clipper for 7 years now. I can't understand why anyone would rather use the 2 sticks to operate a mower - would be totally uncomfortable after a couple hours in the seat.
It's actually very easy to use the two controllers...

/ ATV tires on a Zero Turn? #38  
My zero turns have 2 sticks.
I never noticed that to be true, seems quite comfortable to me.

/ ATV tires on a Zero Turn? #39  
My zero turns have 2 sticks.
I never noticed that to be true, seems quite comfortable to me.
Of course it does, you have never used anything else.

My Country Clipper dealer says only long time 2-stick users buy new 2-stick. New ZTR buyers go 10:1 for the joystick after a demo drive.

/ ATV tires on a Zero Turn?
What does your dealer have to say about ATV tires on ZTMs?:)