ATV trailer

/ ATV trailer #1  

schmism

Tractor
New holland TC(33)
anyone think its worth trying to modify this (which i already have)

tipping-garden-trailer-md1.jpg

into this (which is more of what i want)

1426_gallery.jpg

/ ATV trailer #2  
Depends.

When I worked at the building supply place, we sold a bunch units like the one you have. Ours were AgriFab. Part of my job was to assemble them.

The ones I'm familiar with are very light duty units. Fine for hauling grass and leaves, but if you filled it with dirt you'd tear the bottom right out of it trying to use it like a dump trailer. At the very least, I'd build an angle iron subframe for the hoist to push against.

No suspension and cheesy tires too.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that with the unit as is, you'll be in trouble hauling anything heavy enough to make the hoist worth while, and if you modify it to haul denser material you'll have enough invested that you might as well start from scratch.

JMHO, YMMV.

/ ATV trailer #3  
Here are two better options.

MUTS - Multi-Use Trailer System for your ATV, Quad and 4 Wheeler - Welcome

Polar HD 1500 Tandem Axle Utility Trailer

I have owned a MUTS for four years. I knew I wanted a manual dump trailer and MUTS is the best out there. Freight was high from Canada to Florida but I have no regrets. I have pulled 1,000 pounds of dirt many times. Kubota RTV500 (HST transmission) has 16-hp so acceleration is slow, slowing down/stopping safely takes an equally long time.

Eliminating electric dump eliminates a lot of potential problems. MUTS is not hard to dump manually.

If you call MUTS, Larry Edgar usually answers the telephone himself.

Evolved design built with quality materials.

Attachments

• DSC00107.jpg
    DSC00107.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,263
  • IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_0486.JPG
    IMG_0486.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 486
  • DSC00024.jpg
    DSC00024.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 525
  • DSC00026.jpg
    DSC00026.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 295
Last edited:
   / ATV trailer #4  
The tandem certainly is a nice little yard trailer. I wouldn't mind having one except for the $2K price tag. I do have a little single axle cart like the top one in your pictures... about a $80 - $100 cart when new.

I do have to disagree about the sturdiness of those carts though. After Hurricane Ike I beat mine unmercifully hauling 600# logs, dirt, leaves, you-name-it, for 6 weeks. It's now about 10 years old and has plenty of scars. I've welded cracked corners, tailgate, etc. on it, but it's still going. I did put a regular trailer hitch on it and got rid of the pentel hitch so I can pull it with my golf cart.

Well - I have also replaced the $10/each tires a couple of times. Come to think about it... I suppose they really are meant for light duty :) But, for the low cost, they are worth what you pay for them; handy to have.

/ ATV trailer #5  
$1,949 Canadian.

Probably $2,000 USD delivered to Georgia.

You are willing to spend money and your time on repairs and tolerate some down time. I am not. If anything proves unreliable with me, it is gone.

Polar trailer has $679 MSRP but does not feature a mast/winch dump.

Last edited:
   / ATV trailer #6  
I think you would be starting to regret putting the energy into the project about the second time you used it for a heavy load of wet leaves...

/ ATV trailer #7  

Attachments

• 712nrL4mB4L._SX522_.jpg
    712nrL4mB4L._SX522_.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 1500-ta-2.jpg
    1500-ta-2.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 2,201
Last edited:
   / ATV trailer #8  
I think you would be starting to regret putting the energy into the project about the second time you used it for a heavy load of wet leaves...

Yup - you would think so. But I'm probably not the brightest star in the sky :)

Actually, my motto is:
"If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is."

/ ATV trailer
so this
813lN6Nh52L._SL1500_.jpg

Is just over a $1000 on amazon.

which the body looks much like my existing trailer. Im thinking i weld some angle iron on the the corners for reinforicement and go about reproduceing the bottom half and buy the E-cylinder and ive got $400 in it??

/ ATV trailer #10