Auger extension?

/ Auger extension? #11  
I've got a L4060. 40 engine HP, but only 12-15 HP avalible via hydraulics. Probably 33-35 PTO. You are pretty much always going to have more power on a PTO PHD, but you gain other stuff. I have the smallest Danhuser hydraulic PHD, sized for 9gpm or so & a 12" auger. I can pretty easily stall the auger in hard ground. I doubt it would run a 18" auger & definitely not a bigger one.

Over all the SSQA hydraulic auger is a lot easier to mount & dismount. Downpressure makes up for missing half the HP most of the time. I've never corkscrewed an auger on any machine, but it's nice to know I have reverse if I ever do. Reverse is handy for knocking dirt off the auger out of the hole. Top speed on the hydraulic auger is probably well under half what the 3pt PHD on my old 32hp tractor was. Never had that machine much above idle other than spinning dirt off. Need to boost up the RPMs to get some speed of the little hydraulic HP I have.

More on topic I have probably 4' or more of clearance below the auger mounted on the SSQA. Plenty of room for an extension if needed. As opposed to maybe 3" with my old 3pt on the old tractor