Auger extension?

/ Auger extension? #1  

Strummer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Strummer1%
Anyone build a extension fit their auger ?

/ Auger extension? #2  
Posthole digger auger? I built an extension and was easy enough but not very effective since it didn't clear the hole while digging and had to be assembled after original auger dug all the way in then disassembled on the way out. If I often needed several deep holes I'd build an extension that slides inside auger. It would require a dedicated auger or reconfiguring sleeve that fits gearbox shaft.

/ Auger extension?
Posthole digger auger? I built an extension and was easy enough but not very effective since it didn't clear the hole while digging and had to be assembled after original auger dug all the way in then disassembled on the way out. If I often needed several deep holes I'd build an extension that slides inside auger. It would require a dedicated auger or reconfiguring sleeve that fits gearbox shaft.

Yea for my post hole digger . I want to get down another 18 inches or more .

/ Auger extension? #4  
Bobcat and others sell them for the hex and big round "pattern" for SS applications.

/ Auger extension?
Bobcat and others sell them for the hex and big round "pattern" for SS applications.

Mine is not a hex . Heck I don’t even know who made it . I got it in Mahindra package about 20 years ago. It’s a class 1 I do know that .

/ Auger extension? #6  
Mine is not a hex . Heck I don’t even know who made it . I got it in Mahindra package about 20 years ago. It’s a class 1 I do know that .
2" round is the standard PTO PHD size. 2" hex is stronger (but more exensive) & used on hydraulic augers. There is also a big round standard 2 5/16" or something used by some hydraulic units, but not nearly as common as the hex.

/ Auger extension? #7  
I was considering the same thing as I was supposed to put in a power pole but the job changed and I don't need it, but I may still build one incase I need it. Watching this thread for ideas

/ Auger extension?
I was considering the same thing as I was supposed to put in a power pole but the job changed and I don't need it, but I may still build one incase I need it. Watching this thread for ideas

I plan on building a pole barn . Shooting for to have my post at least 5ft in the ground . If it comes down to it my brother-in-law has 3 pole trucks . Just hard to get him out as busy as he stays .

/ Auger extension?
2" round is the standard PTO PHD size. 2" hex is stronger (but more exensive) & used on hydraulic augers. There is also a big round standard 2 5/16" or something used by some hydraulic units, but not nearly as common as the hex.

Pretty sure mine is 2 inch PHD

/ Auger extension? #10  
I thought about doing that for my 3 point post hole digger, but the thought of taking it off and putting it back on while using it, and the auger in the hole and not being able to life it all the way out of the hole, just got too complicated for me. My place was to use the original auger that it came with, and cut it to fit the new auger.

If I absolutely had to drill a hole deeper then 3 feet, I would look into an hydraulic post hole digger that I could mount to my loader if I needed to do it more then once. Or hire it out.