Awaiting my Woodland Mills WC68

/ Awaiting my Woodland Mills WC68 #12  
I run the Wallenstein BX62S with my Kubota M6040. I thin my pine stands in the spring. Everything 6"( on the butt ) and less. 900 to 1200 small trees almost every spring. This setup does a real job on the small, green pines.

/ Awaiting my Woodland Mills WC68 #13  
I heard that Woodland Mills offers free dance classes on how to avoid getting smacked in the kisser with weird shaped long branches. Wish I had the video.:ROFLMAO:

Cheers,
Mike

/ Awaiting my Woodland Mills WC68 #14  
I heard that Woodland Mills offers free dance classes on how to avoid getting smacked in the kisser with weird shaped long branches. Wish I had the video.:ROFLMAO:

Cheers,
Mike
I think I can help you with that :-(

Having zero experience with running a chipper, and no teacher, I learned the hard way - very quickly. I also learned that standing on the left side was the safe side. Face slappers tender to swing to the right side.

/ Awaiting my Woodland Mills WC68 #15  
I wear a Stihl hardhat/face shield/ear muff thing. It made chipping more enjoyable.

/ Awaiting my Woodland Mills WC68 #16  

Having zero experience with running a chipper, and no teacher, I learned the hard way - very quickly. I also learned that standing on the left side was the safe side. Face slappers tender to swing to the right side.
Yeah! You learn very quickly not to stand on the right side!

/ Awaiting my Woodland Mills WC68 #17  

I agree. Usually try to hang out on the left side.

About ready to remove the bush hog and to put the chipper back on (a WC46; tractor is too light for the 700 # WC68). Will check the blades before using it. Just need the weight for log hauling and projects out less than the bush hog when folded. Might have to rotate the chipper blades. Used last season a lot.

/ Awaiting my Woodland Mills WC68
Twice I rented Vermeer towable chippers after storms took down many trees and is one reason why I wanted one with hydraulic feeding. This things are a beast. You had to be careful around them. You could get a branch in the face very easily!

/ Awaiting my Woodland Mills WC68 #19  
Just put the WC46 back on. Pain in the butt. Not enough room to put the PTO on. Have to pull apart; connect to PTO; have wife hold the pieces to meet and drive back. Then put back on the QH.

Recommend cutting the PTO to 1 inch longer than what the directions say. Think others have had this problem.

/ Awaiting my Woodland Mills WC68
Just got a call from them saying my chipper is already ready to ship :) but might take up to 4 weeks to get here :-( I'll know more once I get my tracking number.