AZ ranch

/ AZ ranch
#1,281  
I saw urologist Fri morning. He scheduled a cystoscope for next Fri and then said to switch to self intermittent catheter. I choked. I did not think I could do it. The nurse walked me through it and they sent me out with a handful of catheters, and said more would be delivered Fri or Sat.
No delivery ever showed up and I was planning on going to the ER tomorrow morning after I used my last catheter. Then I prayed. Soon after that I got the urge, and went to the bathroom and peed, unassisted, for the first time in 3 weeks! And I have done so several times today. PTL.

/ AZ ranch #1,282  
Bo, sometimes it is the little things that make you smile. I would say congrats but that just does not seem appropriate. Carry on.

/ AZ ranch #1,283  
I saw urologist Fri morning. He scheduled a cystoscope for next Fri and then said to switch to self intermittent catheter. I choked. I did not think I could do it. The nurse walked me through it and they sent me out with a handful of catheters, and said more would be delivered Fri or Sat.
No delivery ever showed up and I was planning on going to the ER tomorrow morning after I used my last catheter. Then I prayed. Soon after that I got the urge, and went to the bathroom and peed, unassisted, for the first time in 3 weeks! And I have done so several times today. PTL.

Mr. Fuller God works in mysterious ways. and prayer always solves problems some times different than planned.
How is the surgery doing?
ken

/ AZ ranch
#1,285  
Mr. Fuller God works in mysterious ways. and prayer always solves problems some times different than planned.
How is the surgery doing?
ken

The knee is doing great. My PT guy says to take it easy, as he says I am in the top 1 percentile as far as progress and speed of recovery.

/ AZ ranch #1,286  
I can't help but think of the old saying " Good things happen to good people". Great news Bo, glad things are looking up,You'll do great.

/ AZ ranch #1,287  
Glad to hear things worked out! :thumbsup:

/ AZ ranch #1,288  
I have been reading thread for some time. It is hard to keep a good, old man down. I have been fighting a foot infection for 21 months, Two doctors said just cut it off. I don't want to give up on it. It now looks like it is starting to heal. I think doctors want to take the easy way out. I have had two friends in the past month that the doctor wanted to pull the plug on. Both are alive today and out of the hospital.

/ AZ ranch #1,289  

Good news, and I will pray you get the treatment you need. I gave up caffeine years ago, can't do anything with ephedrine cold meds. I have noticed that even sugar free caffeine free cola sodas give me problems. I don't drink sodas hardly at all anymore.

/ AZ ranch
#1,290  
Cystoscope went well. Prostrate is pressing on the urethra. Good news is that the urologist said he doesn’t think we should jump right into surgery. He wants me to try meds for 3 months and then re-evaluate. I can live with that, especially since I am still able to go without a catheter.

It has been a month and a couple days since surgery and PT is going very well. Occasional pain but all in all, there is steady progress.