B series Alternator Upgrade...

/ B series Alternator Upgrade... #1  

Firefighter Kubota

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 7510
Anyone in stall this kit (B7311) the 40 amp alternator upgrade? Put it in yesterday, and I've got no alternator output..

I'm on the 3rd alternator after assuming the problem was there, But still no juice...The wiring harness is straight forward and with the molex plastic connectors there is no way to connect them wrong...As the dealer tried to tell me I did..:rolleyes:

The only thing left is the new relay included with the kit. I guess I'll have to swap that out next...Or maybe a 4th Alternator?

Argh!!!!

Any insite / problems if you have the kit..

Thanks..

/ B series Alternator Upgrade... #2  
Need more to the story. does the oringinal alt work ?

/ B series Alternator Upgrade...
Need more to the story. does the oringinal alt work ?

The old Dyno worked fine... Either the wiring harness is bad, the relay is bad or I've had 3 bad alternantors...

/ B series Alternator Upgrade... #4  
sorry to say - but it kinda weird. Are you sure you have the right part for upgrade ? i'm thinking that the regulator is missing in the new alts. before you take it back, take to your local car parts store and have then run it in the alternator testing box. most of them do it for free. IF it runs fine, chances are there is a mixup and has wrong pin outs for wiring reverse polarity. If it dead, then the regulator must be missing on it or you didnt install it yet.

/ B series Alternator Upgrade...
sorry to say - but it kinda weird. Are you sure you have the right part for upgrade ? i'm thinking that the regulator is missing in the new alts. before you take it back, take to your local car parts store and have then run it in the alternator testing box. most of them do it for free. IF it runs fine, chances are there is a mixup and has wrong pin outs for wiring reverse polarity. If it dead, then the regulator must be missing on it or you didnt install it yet.

Regulator is built in...right upgrade part # according to kubota..

/ B series Alternator Upgrade... #6  
I agree its built in, but is it there ? functioning ?

/ B series Alternator Upgrade... #9  
Anyone in stall this kit (B7311) the 40 amp alternator upgrade? Put it in yesterday, and I've got no alternator output..

I'm on the 3rd alternator after assuming the problem was there, But still no juice...The wiring harness is straight forward and with the molex plastic connectors there is no way to connect them wrong...As the dealer tried to tell me I did..:rolleyes:

The only thing left is the new relay included with the kit. I guess I'll have to swap that out next...Or maybe a 4th Alternator?

Argh!!!!

Any insite / problems if you have the kit..

Thanks..
Where did you find the kit? It is my understanding from Messicks that the kit was discontinued a good while back.

/ B series Alternator Upgrade... #10  
FireFighter,

I can't open the zip file from the old thread.. I had wanted to do this myself, so luckily, I saved the presentation to "My computer".. If sou send me an e-mail addy, I'll send it to you..
I don't know how to post it here.