B2400, any good?

/ B2400, any good?
I've just noticed the 2150 is about a foot longer than the 2400. It won't fit in my trailer! :cry:

Looking at slightly smaller machines, the B7500 seems nice. I probably should have titled this "help me choose a good little compact". Time for a new topic I think!

/ B2400, any good? #12  
Won't fit in your trailer !? You're using an 8ft trailer I guess. The 2150 is just a tad over 9ft long. I was surprised that it is around 18" longer than the 2400.
The 2400 was the sucessor to the 2100 series in the 1990s when they came out with the 3 cyl engines.

/ B2400, any good?
Yeah 8x5. Driving around small Cotswold villages means anything much bigger is a nightmare. That said, it has wheel arches on the side rather than under it. I did consider a 10x6 flatbed could perhaps be a better bet. We've got roads around here where the mirrors of my Hilux need to be folded in for the truck to fit down them though. The joys of living in a place where the houses were built before cars existed!

/ B2400, any good? #14  
Your first problem with the 5x8 trailer is that a belly mower won't fit in the width. I had to go to a 6.5ft wide for my 60" MMM on Kubotas. They are several inches wider than the 60" measurement.

/ B2400, any good?
Funny you should say that, I just had that thought today and looked up the specs. It won't go in, not even close. Maybe a 54" will, but I'm not sure about that either!

Having watched a few videos, worst case maybe I could disconnect the deck and put it in the bed of my pickup with the loader? That's assuming I could rest the loader bucket on the A frame of the trailer? I'm pretty sure that won't fit in an 8' trailer either!