B2400 Snowblower

/ B2400 Snowblower #1  

Behrend II

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS XG3140H
I've got a front PTO driven Kubota snow blower for my B2400 that's been sitting in my pole shed unused for about four years. I got it with my tractor and have never gotten around to mounting it (it requires mounting a sub frame which means I wouldn't be able to use my FEL during the winter. It appears to be like-new condition and have debated selling it. Does anyone have a similar set-up? I'm wondering if it's worth keeping and what experiences others have had with the front mounted snow blowers.

-Tom

/ B2400 Snowblower #2  
I had one on my B2400. It blew the snow like crazy....... no need for a front loader on the tractor with the front blower. I was always beyond 100% happy with mine.

/ B2400 Snowblower #3  
i have a b2660 on my b2400/b2410 (similar tractors) --

-- i needed the mounting kit and hydraulic valve --

-- works like a charm.

let me know if you want to sell your blower -- eric@spbr.org

/ B2400 Snowblower
I think I want to keep it, I just need to get my tractor up an running (see my "rear end trouble" post). I was planning on getting it figured out before I ran into the other problems. Lately it seems like it one thing after another!

-Tom

/ B2400 Snowblower #5  
I recently mounted a B2650 (50 Inch) Kubota blower on my B7100.
3 snowfalls so far with a 12" with 3 foot drifts. So far I love this set up. I am glad I went to the trouble and expence for this front mount
Set-up. I have a back blade and between the two, moving snow is fun and fast.

Ken

/ B2400 Snowblower #6  
Hello Tom,

Why dont you hold on to it and buy the hitch parts from Kubota needed to rear mount it?

Your blower should have the standard 540 rpm stub shaft and gear box under all the sheet metal-that way you can rear mount it with little trouble and not worry about the reversing chain or belt drive for the front end?

Last edited:
   / B2400 Snowblower
The tractor mounted sub-frame for the blower has a shaft that attaches to the mid-PTO, then it has another PTO shaft that connect the sub directly to the blower in front. I don't think there are any belts or chains that connect to the tractor - however, I could be wrong. As far as I know it is specifically made to be front mounted.

-Tom

/ B2400 Snowblower #8  
I know my b2650 blower is designed as a front mount using the higher rpm mid- mount pto. If this was installed on the rear I am pretty sure the rotation would be wrong and the rpm's to slow.

Ken

/ B2400 Snowblower
Ken,

I'm pretty sure you're right - mine is the same.

-Tom

/ B2400 Snowblower #10  
I think you wil find a reverser in there some where as the front mount blowers for the L's have a reverser in the sheet metal of the blower.

One of the other posters bought a new blower that WAS supposed to be for the front mount L but it ran backwards IT was rear mount blower with all the gearing for the front mount BUT the MID P.T.O.rotates in the opposite direction!!!!!

SO he is a happy camper now that his snowblower is mounted on the rear and deeply disappointed in the dealer.