B2410 won't start

/ B2410 won't start #1  

Gem99ultra

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400HST
After using for some light work, just left the B2410 idling a few minutes. Then she let out a puff of black smoke, died, and won't restart.

I tried bleeding the fuel lines, new diesel, pumping fuel up through the lines, no oil in water and no water in oil. Any ideas would be appreciated.

/ B2410 won't start #2  
Could something like a safety switch activated the shutdown solenoid?
Wire fell off the solenoid?
Maybe remove the solenoid and see if it will start?
It does crank over,right?
Good Luck!

/ B2410 won't start
Cranks over good. I'll try bypassing the seat safety switch; that's the one you're referring to, right?

/ B2410 won't start #4  
If it was a safety switch, it wouldn't do anything but light up the dash lamps. The starter would not do anything.

/ B2410 won't start
If it was a safety switch, it wouldn't do anything but light up the dash lamps. The starter would not do anything.

Thanks Bubba. You just saved me a trip out in the rain to check on the safety switch. Now, on with the search :-(

/ B2410 won't start #6  
The sh-off sol. is usually mounted to the back of the injection pump. Just remove it.. its usually 2 bolts.
Look to see how it works & "bench test" it.. depending on HOW MANY wires u have, there are diff. ways to test.
2 wires is simply 12v + to red & - to black.
U could/can reach inside the hole & push/pull on the gov. linkage, just like the sol. would when its working.. & see/feel if anything is stuck.