B2601 vs kioti ck2610

/ B2601 vs kioti ck2610 #1  

sheamus

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT2035HST
For our new 10acre lot, I am looking at a Kubota b2601. Would be used for landscaping, snowplowing, mowing, and clearing.

The equivalent kioti seems to be the ck2610. Given the extra weight of the kioti, I am wondering if I would rather have the lighter weight of the Kubota for mowing?

/ B2601 vs kioti ck2610 #2  
^^^^
I have a B2601, great tractor! I use mine for mowing, lawn care and light property maintenance.

More weight is generally a good thing to have depending on your plans. According to the plans you have listed, I don't think the extra weight of the Kioti will cause you any issues.

Mike

/ B2601 vs kioti ck2610 #3  
The equivalent Kubota tractor to the Kioti CK2610 is the L2501. Not saying the B2601 isn't a great tractor, but the Kioti is a slightly bigger frame, like the L.

/ B2601 vs kioti ck2610 #4  
Oh, and also the displacement size of the motor on the Kioti is around 100ci, the Kubota is 68 ci.

/ B2601 vs kioti ck2610 #5  
I love both tractors. But the Kioti CK2610 is a more robust tractor. With mainly snow plowing, mowing and landscaping as your dominant plan for a tractor, you should consider R3 turf tires. They have great winter traction and definitely are more gentle on a lawn, than any R4 tires. I currently have R4 industrial tires, and I am constantly making repairs to my turf.

/ B2601 vs kioti ck2610 #6  
The R14's which I have on both my tractors are an excellent "hybrid" choice for turf, snow and general traction (however, they can still damage turf when wet).

Mike

/ B2601 vs kioti ck2610
Thanks for the responses. What would the equivalent of the B2601 be in a Kioti? The CX2510?

/ B2601 vs kioti ck2610 #8  
Thanks for the responses. What would the equivalent of the B2601 be in a Kioti? The CX2510?
Other than the 2 speed HST on the CX2510, that would be the closest match to the B2601. That said, the Kioti is still 600lb more tractor, has 11.3gpm vs Kubota 8.3gmp hydraulic output, the Kioti has 150lb more FEL capacity at about a foot more total height. Kioti runs at 200RPM less with larger engine and still has position control on the 3 point. Only area that stands out as a win for Kubota is the 3 pt at 24" aft of pins is 1400lb vs 1200lb, both much better than what JD offer in this category. The only smaller Kioti offering is competition for the BX series.

/ B2601 vs kioti ck2610 #9  
For snowplowing, land clearing, land scaping I would recommend the heavier CK2610 or it's Bobcat twin CT2025 for price comparison. The extra weight will help a lot and the FEL are more powerful. For the mowing it depends on how wet your area is I suppose, many use them for that purpose. I chose to not buy the mower because it is the cost of a dedicated lawn mower and I wanted the better ground engagement from the heavier tractor. Long term plan is to still add an offset flail to maintain the grass along the side of my 800' driveway through the wooded area of my lot. For me it's a better investment than the mid mount mower deck. Everyone's use differs.

/ B2601 vs kioti ck2610 #10  
B2601 and CK2610 are not apples to apples. Kioti CK2510 HST is the more comparable machine. Even still, CK2510 somewhere between B2601 and LX2610 in capabilities (depends on the feature measured).

FWIW, I wouldn't do B2601 for 10 acres. Search and find (and wait if needed) for a LX2610 Kubota. More $, but a much more stable, versatile machine for mowing and landscaping tasks that'll take a step up in rear attachment width but also light enough for most mowing and fits in tighter places. The Kioti CK2610 you'd think is comparable but it's FAR more stable tractor than the Kubota B2601 or LX2610 in weight and FEL capability and a nice if you add dealer option of rear remotes relatively cheaply vs Kubota's similar hydraulic options for future expansion (top and tilt, etc.), but the trade-off is weight and more width so not as good for "finish mowing" duty. Compare that to the CK2510HST and CK2610HST machines with test drives and to see if the dealer is a fit for you as well (are they focused all on skid steer /construction equipment and don't care much about hobby farmers for example is a trend in the business). Confused by now with all these overlapping numbers? ;-) Just think HST versions B2601, CK2510, LX2610,CK2610 as walking up the ladder (except when one feature doesn't like transmission choices like shuttle shift on bigger Kioti or FEL or lesser options the brands tout to compete vs. each other.)

And FWIW again, I much prefer rear mount finish mower for mowing vs belly mowers that are finicky things long term. You can buy BOTH a good finish mower and a medium duty bush hog for the price of belly mower and mounting bracket/finicky lift hardware and have a LOT more capability. A zero turn mower is the ideal choice for mowing vs. a tractor at the end of the day (faster, cheaper to run). Ideally get a basic bush hog and zero turn so you can get the rough spots cleaned up, then zero turn mow from then on.

Last edited: