Comparison B2650 vs L2501 for my use

/ B2650 vs L2501 for my use #11  
I think you are interchanging power steering and hydraulic steering.

Hydraulic steering there is no mechanical connection between the steering wheel and the tires. Just hydraulic fluid and cylinders. Common on larger boats and heavy equipment.

Conventional steering there are gears, shafts and linkage connecting the steering wheel to the tires.
These systems are used in millions of applications with very little trouble.

Power steering can be applied to both systems.

The L2501 has conventional power steering.

Ya I mixed up my words, but there still is way more geared parts that require more adjustments over time. I know they work good in cars over time but cars dont lift a thousand lbs and steer around with it not to mention 4wd. I know the hydraulic steering has its drawbacks as well, such as leaky seals. But compared to alot of kubotas other lines the L series is the only one that uses this system that ive seen. In my experience, the hydraulic steering is better for equipment when under load. Whether its a cost savings or not to build. I would still choose the l2501 due to its other qualities over the b2650. Just more robust rear end and loader.

/ B2650 vs L2501 for my use #12  
I went thru the same decision process about 10 months ago. I chose the B2650. Fit and finish are much better, IMHO, with the B. I also loaded the back tires so weight vs the L2501 was a non-issue. I also found the backhoe to be very function assume you are removing small trees/stumps. I also used it extensively for snow removal with a LandPrice 72" snow pusher and a LP 72" back blade. It worked great and that is saying something as we had more than 200 inches of snow last year.

That said, I recently sold my B2650 and upgraded to a L5460. Why? snow blowing in ROPS tractor is an experience...especially if you have wet snow. Also, the tractor bogged down in heavy snow so it took a long time to get work done. Again, this is especially true with wet snow. I also had problems running a 60" shredder on uneven ground. The engine would overheat within 20 mins and I was done.

Net-net, I would suggest you look at a bigger (i.e., more HP) tractor for your application. If you are good with a ROPS tractor, then an MX5200 costs essentially the same as a L4701 and has plenty of HP which means you wont be looking to upgrade within a year like i was. I should also mention that resale of a B2650 with loader and backhoe, with approximately 150 hours, was painful (i.e., 20% hair cut on resale and I was only able to depreciate 10%). A couple of more years of depreciation would have made it much easier for essentially the same resale price. If you plan to plow a bunch of snow, then I would highly suggest a cab...especially in your area which I assume gets a lot of heavy snow.