B3030 Review

/ B3030 Review #11  
I love my B3030. I am around 26-27 hours right now. I am going to do a break-in oil change probably this weekend just for the heck of it.

The 72" MMM is amazing. I can cut in high range, as fast as my kidneys can stand on the grass. I can cut at full speed in medium range in my pastures with the grass 6-8" tall and get a much better cut than I think a rotary would give. Not sure how the MMM will hold up to that, but my buddy with a 3430 has basically the same mower and has been cutting his 11 acres for 3-4 years now with his, and he is HARD on equipment, with no issues.

I can get the loader on/off in probably 2 minutes each way. The design works very well. I am not sure about the woods stuff, but I don't think the loader is "under" engineered in any sense, especially if you don't do stupid things with it.

If I were to get a hoe, I would be a bit torn between the woods and the kubota hoe, but I would probably stick with the Kubota unit. And besides that, according to people on this forum that have done it, you can use the 0% on just the implement. Can't beat that!

I'm loving my B3030...

/ B3030 Review #12  
Good review Bandit... I sure have to agree that the B3030 is a smooth, and powerful machine. I suspect that the hydro is different from the one used on the B7800. To my ears it is quieter, with less hydro whine. It also seems smoother. I tried to justify one for my use here, but although the tractor isn't much larger than the B2x20 series, the loader makes it so, and it just was a bit too large to fit where I need to work. Perhaps when I have opened up the area some, I will find the "need" for the B3030! : :D :D :D

/ B3030 Review
Sully2 said:
1) I wouldnt sell mine for what I paid new for it. Its fits MY usage almost 100% perfectly. ( But then again I DONT have a cab model either...)
The levers are the cruise control and the 3 point hitch levers. About 1/2" too close together and thats because the "shafts"?? for them are straight lengths. Had the cruise control had a bend..??..in it to bring it more inboard there would be no problem. But just as you meantioned...why no interior LIGHT on the cab model?? I mean its not like they cant afford a $6 light fixture ( whoops I forgot..Kubota...its probably a $75 dollar interior light!!:eek: )
As I said I wont sell mine at all. Its well built...it will do me fine in anything I attempt to do with it...but dont tell me about their
"great engineering"!!

OK, so it sounds like you're confused as to what I meant by "Kubota did a nice job of engineering those attachments to work well with the B3030", when you say "but dont tell me about their "great engineering"!!.

1. You have a problem with the levers. I don't - took a little while to get accustomed to the placement, but that's normal when switching machines. I don't think I've had a problem grabbing the wrong levers without looking, past the 10 hour mark.

2. You have a problem with the plastic headlight assembly because it costs $150 to replace. Try to find a headlight assembly for any 2000 model year or newer car or truck or deluxe tractor for less than $150-$250. I don't know how you managed to break it, but with the grille guard in place, I sure would have a hard time breaking mine without doing something pretty stupid to cause it to break, and in the process, it looks to me like if I broke the headlight lens, I would also do some damage to the hood. The expensive headlight assembly, which is designed to house an inexpensive bulb that is easily replaced when it burns out, only needs to be replaced in rare instances, and most likely, due to "operator error". That doesn't constitute "lousy engineering" in my book.

3. You have a gripe about the lack of a dome light on the cab model, which you don't even have. :rolleyes:

4. You have a gripe about the backhoe not working with the cab model that you don't have, which you'll find across the board with any tractor manufacturer. JD is just now working on fitting their backhoes to the cab models. Which backhoe do you have on your B3030 - the BH75 or the BH80X? Take a look at my tractor pics to see what I've been digging with the BH75, and maybe you'll see why I am so impressed. I only got into the edge of all that ledge with an L35 and a New Holland 95 series full size, so I can compare 3 different backhoes on the same area, but the toughest digging by far was done with the little BH75 as I got further into the rock area. Have you tried digging anything like that with your backhoe?

Sounds like you have a beef with Kubota more because you somehow broke the headlight assembly (maybe making a stupid mistake? - it happens to all of us occasionally, especially with tractors), and believe that unlike any other vehicle or "deluxe tractor" produced by any manufacturer today, should be a $25 part, rather than the more industry standard of $150-$250. :rolleyes:

When someone suggests that you sell your machine since you seem so dissatisfied with it, you respond that it's perfect for your needs and is well built. :confused: So why bother getting onto this thread other than to whine about how YOU had pay because YOU broke the headlight. Your additional complaints sound like you're grasping at straws to convince the rest of us the 3030 is not so well engineered.

/ B3030 Review #14  
I have had my B3030 for about 8 months now, couldn't be any happier, about 50% of my time so far has been as a TLB, about 15% plowing with the front blade and the balance mowing. The only thing that I can complain about is the cup holder. I am due for my 50 hour and will try to get that done myself in the next week or two.

/ B3030 Review #15  
Easy does it fellows! I too have just past the 20 hour mark on my B3030. This tractor rocks! So far it has done everything I have asked it to. I'm in the process of clearing land in a forest to build a house on the top of the mountain. The loader is strong and with the addition of forks I have been able to pick up and stack many very large logs with no problem. Moving brush to the burn pile with the loader and forks is a breeze. Improving my very steep road (18% grade) with the box scraper has also been no problem. I have also brush hogged 3 acres of overgrown field at my son's house. My overall impression is that this is a fantastic machine.

/ B3030 Review #16  
bandit67 said:
OK, so it sounds like you're confused as to what I meant by "Kubota did a nice job of engineering those attachments to work well with the B3030", when you say "but dont tell me about their "great engineering"!!.

1. You have a problem with the levers. I don't - took a little while to get accustomed to the placement, but that's normal when switching machines. I don't think I've had a problem grabbing the wrong levers without looking, past the 10 hour mark.

2. You have a problem with the plastic headlight assembly because it costs $150 to replace. Try to find a headlight assembly for any 2000 model year or newer car or truck or deluxe tractor for less than $150-$250. I don't know how you managed to break it, but with the grille guard in place, I sure would have a hard time breaking mine without doing something pretty stupid to cause it to break, and in the process, it looks to me like if I broke the headlight lens, I would also do some damage to the hood. The expensive headlight assembly, which is designed to house an inexpensive bulb that is easily replaced when it burns out, only needs to be replaced in rare instances, and most likely, due to "operator error". That doesn't constitute "lousy engineering" in my book.

3. You have a gripe about the lack of a dome light on the cab model, which you don't even have. :rolleyes:

4. You have a gripe about the backhoe not working with the cab model that you don't have, which you'll find across the board with any tractor manufacturer. JD is just now working on fitting their backhoes to the cab models. Which backhoe do you have on your B3030 - the BH75 or the BH80X? Take a look at my tractor pics to see what I've been digging with the BH75, and maybe you'll see why I am so impressed. I only got into the edge of all that ledge with an L35 and a New Holland 95 series full size, so I can compare 3 different backhoes on the same area, but the toughest digging by far was done with the little BH75 as I got further into the rock area. Have you tried digging anything like that with your backhoe?

Sounds like you have a beef with Kubota more because you somehow broke the headlight assembly (maybe making a stupid mistake? - it happens to all of us occasionally, especially with tractors), and believe that unlike any other vehicle or "deluxe tractor" produced by any manufacturer today, should be a $25 part, rather than the more industry standard of $150-$250. :rolleyes:

When someone suggests that you sell your machine since you seem so dissatisfied with it, you respond that it's perfect for your needs and is well built. :confused: So why bother getting onto this thread other than to whine about how YOU had pay because YOU broke the headlight. Your additional complaints sound like you're grasping at straws to convince the rest of us the 3030 is not so well engineered.

Certainlu "I'm" the one that broke the headlight lens...I never said I wasnt nor implied that the part FAILED in any way...and if you think that brush guard on the front is good protection...you got another suprise coming partner. The bars are too eidely spaced! The stub of a large limb I was hauling swung and came thru the grill guard and broke the lens..and I figured at that time I would have to shellout 30-40 for a nerw lens...NOPE..you buy the whole cotten picking front assy...to the tune of $150. Thats BS!

I dont grab the whole lever..I crack my knuckles on the outer one when engaging the inner lever...

Seeing that the cab models dont have a dome light..whether I have a cab model or not doesnt bypass the FACT that Kubota FORGOT to put one in. I dont own a Mercedes either..but that doesnt mean that I might not be able to find a flaw in their design

I presently dont OWN a backhoe for my B3030..Im still shopping but I can definatelty tell you this much..it WONT be the Kubota hoe that will go on it eventually..and thats another fact! I understand 100% why Kubota built their hoe and their FEL as "light" as they have done..so one cant overstress the tractor...but that had no bearing on the FACT that their hoe and loader cost MORE than an aftermarket and are DESIGNED lighter

Also the fact that I can buy a Kubota impliment and finance it for X years at zero interest rate doesnt affect me at all either. If its a tool I NEED I could care less what the interest rate it..I "need" that tool...which at this point I dont NEED a BH..I simply WANT one for little jobs that I have come up around here is all

I never stated they werent well built..nor..in my case...they were vastly overpriced ( If I wanted over priced Id have bought a JD locally..) but there ARE engineering screw-ups in their design of things..and its plain to see if you look closely or experience some sort of mal-function

BTW..I "fixed" the brush guard "problem" on mine bu cable strapping some 1/2" orange plastic covered wirte mesh to the grill guard bars..and you cant even stick your little fingers thru the holes in it..and it DID NOT affect the cooling even an iota!

/ B3030 Review #17  
Sully2 said:
BTW..I "fixed" the brush guard "problem" on mine bu cable strapping some 1/2" orange plastic covered wirte mesh to the grill guard bars..and you cant even stick your little fingers thru the holes in it..and it DID NOT affect the cooling even an iota!

Ok, let's keep it civil fellas, if I want to read arguments I can go back to my juvenile car forums!!!

In any case, this argument has been productive, in that Sully has just provided an interesting idea, or something to build on, for possible ways to help protect the front end from intrusion thru the grille guard!

Steve

/ B3030 Review #18  
stimpee said:
Ok, let's keep it civil fellas, if I want to read arguments I can go back to my juvenile car forums!!!

In any case, this argument has been productive, in that Sully has just provided an interesting idea, or something to build on, for possible ways to help protect the front end from intrusion thru the grille guard!

Steve

Im with ya. Ive said before and Im sure you know that the B3030 is a great "little" tractor and I wouldnt swap mine for any other brand. Perfect its NOT..but its still might da** good.

Once I can figure out what Id use a BH for..other than about 6 tree stumps that are small....lol Im going to buy one. Besides "usage" they are NEAT!...lol

I'll never have any use for a MMM or actually for a 3 point hitch finish mower..because I have a perfectly good "grass cutter" here and can JUST BARELY get my B3030 between the trees! In fact saturday when I built another large flower bed..I bet I didnt have a full inch of clearance between the FEL bucket and 2 trees I had to snake between to dump some topsoil.

I looked at ALL the locally available brands before buying..JD ( waaayy too much $$$ for even less tractor)..NH..( still a lot more but I really liked them) Kioti..( thumbs down) and a couple of brands that I didnt even know existed ( bummers too) before setteling on Kubota. Then had to decide between the teenie ones and the B2630/3030. Dealer and I agreed the little ones wouldnt do what I needed ( not enough weight to them) and at the last I went for the extra HP of the 3030 over the 2630 ( just for the heck of it actually)

Im perfectly satisifed with my PURCHASE...but I can see places they could have been improved too. ( That owners manual is good for wiping the oil dipstick...lol)

/ B3030 Review #19  
8226hamer said:
No complaints on mine. Nice tractors (After I got my new seat anyway)

Same here!!! Love the new seat too.........

Swmpbgy1

/ B3030 Review #20  
I purchased mine with just 4.5 hours on it a little over a month ago. I have 20 hours on it now. I really like it but I have a lot to learn when using the loader. But as far as the tractor operating well, it is great and I love it.

Last edited: