B3030 Review

/ B3030 Review #21  
swmpbgy1 said:
Same here!!! Love the new seat too.........

Swmpbgy1

Okay, I have to ask.....what is the "new seat" most everyone is talking about. I have a L5030 and don't see a huge problem with it. Am I missing some really nice comfort here? I'm up for it if that is the case.

I too found out the front guard has too big of openings on it and impaled my radiator with around 25ish hours on it. After $650 including tax the radiator is back in and running with a fresh piece of expanded metal welded to the brush guard/bumper (painted orange of course).

/ B3030 Review #22  
Sully2 said:
If the B3030 had been "engineered" so well...why didnt they know you cant get a cab model and use a Kubota backhoe

If you want the heaviest duty FEL and BH for a B3030....leave the Kubota items at the dealer and have Woods equipment installed instead. Less $$ and better built and much stronger!
Why should bandit care what you think about the cab model 3030 and what will fit on it???? His 3030 has no cab. Sound like you need to start a new thread on Kubota engineering flaws and the price of Kubota parts. I agree they can be a little steep and as far as engineering flaws, that's why I now own a B3030.

Last edited:
   / B3030 Review #23  
Stimpee

Quote: I can get the loader on/off in probably 2 minutes each way. The design works very well.

Can you explain to me (a veritable novice) how you do that in 2 minutes? Please?

My dealer took 25 minutes each way.

/ B3030 Review #24  
Modn said:
Okay, I have to ask.....what is the "new seat" most everyone is talking about. I have a L5030 and don't see a huge problem with it. Am I missing some really nice comfort here? I'm up for it if that is the case.

I too found out the front guard has too big of openings on it and impaled my radiator with around 25ish hours on it. After $650 including tax the radiator is back in and running with a fresh piece of expanded metal welded to the brush guard/bumper (painted orange of course).

5030 has a totally different seat...at least my farmer buddys is totally different than mine

/ B3030 Review #25  
8226hamer said:
Why should bandit care what you think about the cab model 3030 and what will fit on it???? His 3030 has no cab. Sound like you need to start a new thread on Kubota engineering flaws and the price of Kubota parts. I agree they can be a little steep and as far as engineering flaws, that's why I now own a B3030.
Why should YOU care what "I" think about their engineering??? The comment about their cab models not working with their OWN BRAND BH's was just a preview of their engineering FLAWS is all..and the reason why "I" bought a K3030 is IMHO they are better and less costly than other similiar sized CUT's

/ B3030 Review
Sully2 said:
it WONT be the Kubota hoe that will go on it eventually..and thats another fact! I understand 100% why Kubota built their hoe and their FEL as "light" as they have done..so one cant overstress the tractor...but that had no bearing on the FACT that their hoe and loader cost MORE than an aftermarket and are DESIGNED lighter

Around here, and I'm talking about a number of states in this area, the Woods attachments cost MORE. If you can get them cheaper, then go for it. But I'm not buying Woods "marketing" regarding how superior their hoes are, because I've put my BH75 through the paces, and it's easily done as well as the bigger hoes that I ran. It also easily can throw the B3030 around if I'm not careful, so I'd suspect that a larger, more powerful hoe on the lightweight B3030 will be able to throw the machine around even more. As I mentioned earlier, I spent 2/3 of my research time thinking I'd buy the Woods BH80X, before deciding, based on research, that the BH75 might be a better option for me.

I frankly don't have a problem with your preference for the Woods BH80X for your machine. But I do have an issue with your continued bashing of the supposed lightweight, underpowered BH75, because you have ABSOLUTELY NO experience with a backhoe on your B3030. As far as I'm concerned, you know nothing about the BH75's capabilities. But your complete lack of expertise regarding the BH75 is being presented by you as if you actually know what you are talking about, and that might make an unsuspecting member researching the B3030 think twice about that particular hoe.

I've presented facts based on my experience with the BH75 and some significantly larger, more powerful hoes, along with pictures to explain why I am impressed with the BH75's capabilities. I also am completely pleased with my choice to go with the BH75 over the BH80X. It's true, I have no experience with the BH80X on my B3030, but the main point I'm trying to make is that the BH75 is very powerful, and that's after using much larger backhoes on larger TLB's on the very same piece of property.

You have provided NO valid arguments against the BH75, and you have no experience using it, or any hoe, for that matter, on your machine.

So I only want to make it clear that I have a whole lot more experience than you with a backhoe on the B3030, and quite possibly with some larger backhoes than you, on the same piece of ground, and only wish that you would stop presenting your arguments as facts. It's nothing more than your OPINION based on your non-experience. I have presented my OPINION, based on my actual experience. I do not disagree that, based on the specs, the BH80X is a bigger, more powerful hoe. But I do disagree that the BH75 is a weak hoe and that it is built "light", as you claim.

I'm not trying to change your mind as to which hoe to buy for your machine. If I agreed with your opinion, based on my actual experience, you'd be hearing all about it - I'm not one to keep my mouth shut, because of pride, after I've bought a piece of junk - I get upset that I gave my money to the company that sold me the piece of junk, and have no problem voicing my dissatisfaction in those instances.

What I am trying to do is provide a review based on real world experience on my machine and it's attachments, and explain why I am so pleased with the setup I ended up with.

/ B3030 Review #27  
Bizguy4u said:
Stimpee

Quote: I can get the loader on/off in probably 2 minutes each way. The design works very well.

Can you explain to me (a veritable novice) how you do that in 2 minutes? Please?

My dealer took 25 minutes each way.

I have the benefit of a flat concrete floor, but detaching:

1) Start tractor
2) Lift loader so that bucket is about waist level
3) Get off tractor and lower loader support arms on each side of loader
4) Get back on tractor (I am maybe 30-45 seconds or so in at this point)
5) Tilt bucket down approx 30 degrees or so
6) Lower loader and unload or slightly lift front end of tractor, this should make the loader attach pins loose.
7) Pull pins on both sides. Adjust loader/tractor front end lift slightly if they are not coming out
8) Once pins are out, curl bucket and loader will detach from mount. Continue curl until the bucket is flat.
9) Turn off tractor
10) Wiggle loader control in all directions (I do a few quick circles) to relieve pressure
11) Disconnect quick connects on lines and place plugs

Back off and drive away.

Attaching is similar:

1) Drive up with things centered, and loader arm mounts a few inches from their mounting points
2) Turn off tractor and attach hydraulic hoses
3) Dump bucket to seat mounts
4) Adjust dump and/or lift front of tractor/unload it slightly and place pins in loader mounts. This sometimes requires a bit of fiddling, and is the hardest part
5) Lift loader
6) Get off tractor, and place support arms back in stowed position.

Drive away.

It really is as simple as it sounds, and literally takes me 2-3 minutes consistently at this point. It is far simpler and repeatable than I ever thought it would be, and since it is so easy, I NEVER mow anymore with the loader on...

/ B3030 Review #28  
stimpee said:
I have the benefit of a flat concrete floor, but detaching:

1) Start tractor
2) Lift loader so that bucket is about waist level
3) Get off tractor and lower loader support arms on each side of loader
4) Get back on tractor (I am maybe 30-45 seconds or so in at this point)
5) Tilt bucket down approx 30 degrees or so
6) Lower loader and unload or slightly lift front end of tractor, this should make the loader attach pins loose.
7) Pull pins on both sides. Adjust loader/tractor front end lift slightly if they are not coming out
8) Once pins are out, curl bucket and loader will detach from mount. Continue curl until the bucket is flat.
9) Turn off tractor
10) Wiggle loader control in all directions (I do a few quick circles) to relieve pressure
11) Disconnect quick connects on lines and place plugs

Back off and drive away.

Attaching is similar:

1) Drive up with things centered, and loader arm mounts a few inches from their mounting points
2) Turn off tractor and attach hydraulic hoses
3) Dump bucket to seat mounts
4) Adjust dump and/or lift front of tractor/unload it slightly and place pins in loader mounts. This sometimes requires a bit of fiddling, and is the hardest part
5) Lift loader
6) Get off tractor, and place support arms back in stowed position.

Drive away.

It really is as simple as it sounds, and literally takes me 2-3 minutes consistently at this point. It is far simpler and repeatable than I ever thought it would be, and since it is so easy, I NEVER mow anymore with the loader on...

I agree, After I read how to do it, it only took me 5ish minutes to disconnect mine the very 1st time. And I also have to agree that being on a concrete floor has a major advantage. I think putting it back on took me probably twice as long with lining it up and all, but not a huge problem.

/ B3030 Review #29  
Modn said:

Kubota had a "recall" program several months ago involving BX and B models......The seat design slanted forward slightly causing the user to feel like you were sliding out of the seat. Most got replacement seats for free, while others paid a small fee for a replacement seat. The new seat is very comfortable and doesn't have the sliding out of the seat feature!:D

Hope this helps.......
Swmpbgy1

/ B3030 Review #30  
bandit67 said:
Around here, and I'm talking about a number of states in this area, the Woods attachments cost MORE. If you can get them cheaper, then go for it. But I'm not buying Woods "marketing" regarding how superior their hoes are, because I've put my BH75 through the paces, and it's easily done as well as the bigger hoes that I ran. It also easily can throw the B3030 around if I'm not careful, so I'd suspect that a larger, more powerful hoe on the lightweight B3030 will be able to throw the machine around even more. As I mentioned earlier, I spent 2/3 of my research time thinking I'd buy the Woods BH80X, before deciding, based on research, that the BH75 might be a better option for me.

I frankly don't have a problem with your preference for the Woods BH80X for your machine. But I do have an issue with your continued bashing of the supposed lightweight, underpowered BH75, because you have ABSOLUTELY NO experience with a backhoe on your B3030. As far as I'm concerned, you know nothing about the BH75's capabilities. But your complete lack of expertise regarding the BH75 is being presented by you as if you actually know what you are talking about, and that might make an unsuspecting member researching the B3030 think twice about that particular hoe.

I've presented facts based on my experience with the BH75 and some significantly larger, more powerful hoes, along with pictures to explain why I am impressed with the BH75's capabilities. I also am completely pleased with my choice to go with the BH75 over the BH80X. It's true, I have no experience with the BH80X on my B3030, but the main point I'm trying to make is that the BH75 is very powerful, and that's after using much larger backhoes on larger TLB's on the very same piece of property.

You have provided NO valid arguments against the BH75, and you have no experience using it, or any hoe, for that matter, on your machine.

So I only want to make it clear that I have a whole lot more experience than you with a backhoe on the B3030, and quite possibly with some larger backhoes than you, on the same piece of ground, and only wish that you would stop presenting your arguments as facts. It's nothing more than your OPINION based on your non-experience. I have presented my OPINION, based on my actual experience. I do not disagree that, based on the specs, the BH80X is a bigger, more powerful hoe. But I do disagree that the BH75 is a weak hoe and that it is built "light", as you claim.

I'm not trying to change your mind as to which hoe to buy for your machine. If I agreed with your opinion, based on my actual experience, you'd be hearing all about it - I'm not one to keep my mouth shut, because of pride, after I've bought a piece of junk - I get upset that I gave my money to the company that sold me the piece of junk, and have no problem voicing my dissatisfaction in those instances.

What I am trying to do is provide a review based on real world experience on my machine and it's attachments, and explain why I am so pleased with the setup I ended up with.
I base my opinion on the FACT that Ive designed MUCH MORE complex "machinery" ( items and assemblys) than a BH ever thought of being..and by simply looking at them side by side I can see the additional strength of the Woods. Thats NOT to say that the Kubota BH wont do a fine job for a person..I never said that now did I?? But the Woods has more "power" and is designed stronger..thats all.

I suppose that Kubota INTENTIONALLY designed their CUT's so that they wouldnt work with a cab model??..or was that a "slight oversight"..( ahem!!)

In this local the Woods equipment is much less $$ that Kubota branded hardware..so much so in fact that the larger dealers dont even stock Kubota tillers; BH's..etc..etc because they can supply a "better" product for less "$$$" with various aftermarket hardware.

You've never seen em type that I thought kubota products were junk or anything of the sort..because i dont belive they are...and if YOU cant stand for someone to point out the potiential FLAWS of design in their products..you'd best get a grip on reality partner!!!