B7100 won't start

/ B7100 won't start #1  

RoPie

Tractor
Kubota B7100
I have a 1995 B7100 that won't start. It cranks over very slow, not fast enough to fire up. Tried jumping it thinking the battery was dead, but no change. Pulled off the starter an it seems to spin normally when not attached to the tractor. Any ideas? I'm halfway through a drainage project and was hoping to get done this weekend

/ B7100 won't start #2  
Make sure all of electrical connections are dry and tight look at the ground straps as well. All connections should clean

Last edited:
   / B7100 won't start
Make sure all of electrical connections are dry and tight look at the ground straps as well. All connections should clean

Tried that before pulling the starter off. Everything looks clean and tight. Even connected the jumper cables directly to the lug on the starter. Still cranks too slow

/ B7100 won't start #4  
I would guess that the starter is bad. Bushings. Can't think of anything else

/ B7100 won't start #5  
Have u tried getting your charger hooking it up to your tractor and putting it on 240 cranking amps then you will be able to see if your starters wore because it would be turning over faster than usual on the 240 cranking then on regular

/ B7100 won't start #6  
make sure all of your hydraulics are in neutral position, especially the three point lift lever. You don't want the hydraulics going over relief while cranking.

/ B7100 won't start
Managed to get it started by letting it crank for couple minutes after making sure the fuel lines were purged. It ran fine, but when I tried starting it today, same problem. Battery is now totally dead so I was jumping it with my Jeep. The cables were getting hot. Could the starter be going? It spins fast when not attached to the tractor, so I thought I ruled that out

/ B7100 won't start #8  
I recently had to replace the starter on my M9000. Brushes were worn out plus I think it had a bad field coil/and or short in the armiture or whatever. If it were me I'd yank the end of the starter off and look at the brushes. Could be that they are rusted frozen in their little housings and not getting good contact with the armiture.

/ B7100 won't start #9  
I hate electrical and I am not an expert here, but I understand if your engine is cranking over even slowly, it is probably not your starter. This is what turns your flywheel. First check your battery for full charge/power, Cold cranking Amps. Maybe worn brushes, but I would start elsewhere and check your battery, and any relays.

Last edited:
   / B7100 won't start #10  
Are you sure your pre-heat....Glow Plugs.... are functioning?