B7500 v. B2410 v. B2710

/ B7500 v. B2410 v. B2710 #1  

DaveM

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710/LA402 FEL, R4's
Hi Again,

Seems like a new thread is in order. As promised, I'm reporting back about my impressions of the 2410 and 2710. In the midst of yet another snow storm I visited a third Kubota dealer. In addition to just learning something about this area's dealers I now have 3 price quotes on the same product. All 3 dealers come within aprx. $500 of each other on a 7500HSD, 302FEL and 60" midmount mower. The good news is that the dealer I like the most also quoted the lowest price!

The tractors... I really liked both (actually all of them incl. the BX!). Both had the above implements mounted which are the ones I want start out with. The 2410 was also a bi-speed model. This seems like a very good feature. I'm not sure that it decreases the turning radius all that much but it was noticeably smoother in the turn and only added $300 to the price. The dealer implied that Kubota has backed away from this option somewhat in the past few years but didn't offer an explanation as to why. I will search this site for more info on bi-speed. I liked the 2710 even more! For my situation, the 60" bucket is a significant incentive over the smaller ones. The increased hydraulic power was also noticeable and the overall size really appealed to me. A walk around the house looking for tight spots leads me to believe that the slightly larger size should not be a problem. I also realize that a push mower will be needed for some trimming no matter what tractor I get. On top of this, the 2710 is only $600 more than the 2410 w/ bi-speed. If my favorite dealer can meet or beat this deal I'm going to seriously consider the 2710 package!

I guess I don't have any specific questions just now though I'm curious about the bi-speed feature.

Thanks- Dave

/ B7500 v. B2410 v. B2710 #2  
Dave -

I, like you, am looking for a tractor, but after taking into consideration the acreage I own and all I've read here on TBN (thanks everyone!), I think the BX will do just fine.

(Also, the $$$ are hard to justify when my wife is driving an 8 year old car!)

My next quest is to find a reasonable price. It would seen that New Engalnd dealers are much steeper than other parts of the country, so the internet might be an option.

Good luck - J

/ B7500 v. B2410 v. B2710 #3  
Dave,

Others here I seem to recall have implied that there has been an issue with reliability with the bi-speed turn feature. I have no personal experience with it, but you may want to start a thread with that as the topic.

The GlueGuy

/ B7500 v. B2410 v. B2710
I've had a chance to read some past discussion on bi-speed and since it's not an option on the 2710 I think I'll pass on starting another thread. Most of the posts appear to be found in "Kubota Owning" and I found them by searching on "bi-speed". I'll add though that I too was concerned about the added complexity and when I mentioned this to the dealer he claimed they had never seen a problem them. He's been a dealer since '89. That said, the "extra value" along with varied reports of good/bad experience with the feature makes me think it's something I can live without.

Dave

/ B7500 v. B2410 v. B2710 #5  
When I originally looked at tractors, before the BX was on the market, I went to the first dealer I dealt with to look at the 2400. It was a non bi speed unit. I inquired about that and he stated it was mostly intended for increasing the turn radius for loader work. For mowing etc. you will normally be in two wheel mode anyway so it has no effect. He also mentioned that it added another thing to break. He was really wanting to sell me a used tractor anyway bigger than what wanted. Later he let me demo a 7500. He was a nice guy just really liked the other dealer in the end better. The 2400/2410 is a nice unit but I really doubt you want the bi-speed. I guess if you were mowing in 4WD it might help prevent tearing up grass. I could have afforded anything I wanted in reason but bi speed sounded kinda flimsy and apparently most folks agree. Could be useful in some rare situations. J

/ B7500 v. B2410 v. B2710 #6  
<font color=blue>realize that a push mower will be needed for some trimming no matter what tractor I get</font color=blue>

Yep, unfortunately! I mowed the yard yesterday with the 2710 and did the trimming with the DR trimmer/mower today. Of course, I also had to use the DR for trimming when I was mowing the yard with a 38" Cub Cadet riding mower, too./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

And I agree with some of the other comments about the bi-speed turn option (on the Kubota or super steer on the New Hollands). I guess there's a place for them, but I just can't see how they would be any benefit to me, so it just seems that it's something else that might need maintenance or repairs sometime down the road, although I haven't heard of any problems with either of them.

Bird

/ B7500 v. B2410 v. B2710 #7  
I agree that New England prices are to steep after reading what the folks are paying else where. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif
Maybe its do to the cities,4,seasons,cost of living and oh yeah taxes..yikes.
Heard CT one of the most costly state to live compare to its size.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ B7500 v. B2410 v. B2710 #8  
My 2710 has a 54 inch bucket. The product brochure indicates that the 60" is for "light material". I'm not sure what that means, but I'm happy with the 54".

Alan L., TX

/ B7500 v. B2410 v. B2710 #9  
I appreciate the bi-speed turn a lot when I'm cleaning horse corrals (maneuvering around the pipes). I also have a lot of trees on 3 hilly acres so I am in 4wd frequently (winter and spring). The ability to make nice tight corners IS handy. It really does depend on your situation.

/ B7500 v. B2410 v. B2710 #10  
JudeK,

Try Essex Equipment in Essex Vermont. Talk to Gary. He tends to have the best prices on Kubotas around, although Walt, down in Montpelior or Barre is pretty good too. Don't know why, but even though I searched several states via the internet, I found my best prices right here in VT. Given a population of about a half million for the entire state, and several kubota dealers, there's a fair bit of competition. Gary tells me he has a lot of tractors coming in this spring. Probably worth a call (although I don't know if he'll give you his best price over the phone).

On the flip side, it's nice to have your dealer locally. Definately worth a few $$$ extra, if the dealers good.

Todd