B7800 hydraulic check?

/ B7800 hydraulic check? #1  

Rob 80

Silver Member
Tractor
B2650
Where do you check the hydraulic fluid on this model? I don't have the book.

/ B7800 hydraulic check? #2  
A little dip stick down by your right foot.

/ B7800 hydraulic check?
A little dip stick down by your right foot.

I didn't even see it there!! It is low where do you add and does it matter if you mix hydraulic fluid because i don't know what is in there.

/ B7800 hydraulic check? #4  
I didn't even see it there!! It is low where do you add and does it matter if you mix hydraulic fluid because i don't know what is in there.
Walk around your tractor and look for 2 yellow caps they are fill plugs. One is in front and one is in the back, get to know your tractor. I would just drain the hyd and start over with new filter, but use a good hyd oil. The engine fill plug is gray I think.

/ B7800 hydraulic check? #5  
Acceptable hydraulic fluid may be transmission specific. That is, if you have an HST transmission there are specific fluids to use as the transmission shares the reservoir with the hydraulic system. Get an owner's manual for your tractor and follow it. They should be available in print or online. You could also get recommendations from your Kubota dealer.

/ B7800 hydraulic check?
It’s not my tractor it’s dads he is 81 years old.

I see a yellow cap behind the seat. He does not want to spend any money on it.

/ B7800 hydraulic check? #7  
Where do you check the hydraulic fluid on this model? I don't have the book.

Be sure to pull the stick out and dip it again for the actual reading: this machine (and the B2910) will develop an air pocket where the end of the stick goes and will read incorrectly when you first pull it (may show nothing on the stick)

Dip it a second time and you will get a correct reading. Place the stick against your finger to determine the wet area if you can't easily see it.

The yellow cap in the rear behind the seat is where you fill it for hydraulic fluid.

The yellow cap in the front is for the front axle.

Although the two may contain the same type of fluid - UDT or SUDT (assuming the front axle has not been switched over to gear oil), they are not hooked together.

/ B7800 hydraulic check? #8  
It’s not my tractor it’s dads he is 81 years old.

I see a yellow cap behind the seat. He does not want to spend any money on it.

You might want to pay for it. That tractor might be yours someday. 7800's are good machines properly maintained.

/ B7800 hydraulic check? #9  
You might want to pay for it. That tractor might be yours someday. 7800's are good machines properly maintained.
The 7800 are good tractor and good resale. I just sold mine and got a LX2610 and I'm not sure if I did the right thing or not.

/ B7800 hydraulic check?

Funny you would say that as it's what dad told me as he is no longer able to use it. I don't really need it as i have a B2650.

I have thought about trading it in along with my B2650 for a LX3310. I wanted the B3350 but did not get it with all the DPF issues