Back up Generators - finally looking.

/ Back up Generators - finally looking. #31  
I'm sure this thread will go crazy but, I suggest buying a unit that outputs at leas 33% more than anticipated need. I have a Generac and it's been trouble free, but mine is a diesel (JD engine) and is single and 3 phase and it runs the entire farm feeding from my 500 galloon diesel storage tank. Mine is 30KW. Probably should have bought a 35KW but I didn't. With everything online I'm almost at 30 KW.
OMG is the generator is your single phase or 3 phase? Can't be both tall tails..John Deere engine in generac ya right. maybe look here www.generatorhero.com Briggs and Stratton engines .. :poop:

Last edited:
   / Back up Generators - finally looking. #32  
Then there is the choice between air cooled and water cooled. Air cooled you have to check the oil daily which is a non starter for us as you have to be physically able.
Not true I have a air cooled LP whole house generac 17 kw that is going on 12 years old and NEVER check the oil daily. :oops:

/ Back up Generators - finally looking. #33  
Seeks to be the norm for about everything except food today. With food, it's just not there at all.

I know for a fact that Kioti dealers must now have a signed sales contract and a deposit to build a unit, if it's not floorplanned. Have a friend who owns a Kioti dealership and he told me.

Regardless, I run Kubota's...lol
:poop: :poop: You must have cabin fever with that claim..Prove your source.

/ Back up Generators - finally looking. #34  
Generac suggests you check oil every 24 hours during an extended power outage. i can attest that hardly any owners of the generators that i work on do that. i bet most dont even know they have oil.

i serviced a bunch of units after a 4-5 day outage recently. none were shut down during outage. i dont recall any being low on oil.

/ Back up Generators - finally looking. #35  
Generac suggests you check oil every 24 hours during an extended power outage. i can attest that hardly any owners of the generators that i work on do that. i bet most dont even know they have oil.

i serviced a bunch of units after a 4-5 day outage recently. none were shut down during outage. i dont recall any being low on oil.
I check the oil in my 17 KW generac once a month because of peace of mind.When it does run non stop for 2-5 days I change the oil filter and oil with full synthetic oil.After 12 years of ownership not one single issue.I have had the valves adjusted,plugs,and air filters changed on regular maintenance schedule.

/ Back up Generators - finally looking. #36  
He is running a 30 KW generator. Much different creature from something with a Briggs engine. In that size gen you can absolutely get a 3 phase unit.
OMG is the generator is your single phase or 3 phase? Can't be both tall tails..John Deere engine in generac ya right. maybe look here www.generatorhero.com Briggs and Stratton engines .. :poop:

/ Back up Generators - finally looking. #37  
He is running a 30 KW generator. Much different creature from something with a Briggs engine. In that size gen you can absolutely get a 3 phase unit.
5030 has so many TALL tails you have a hard time believing his stories.. :poop: Being a retired electric lineman I fully understand what single phase and 3 phase units are.

/ Back up Generators - finally looking. #38  
But you said you can't get a gen that has 3 phase and single phase which is not true. Also, there are gens of that size that have the small JD diesels in them. Now he may not have one but they do exist.

/ Back up Generators - finally looking. #39  
But you said you can't get a gen that has 3 phase and single phase which is not true. Also, there are gens of that size that have the small JD diesels in them. Now he may not have one but they do exist.
Let me ask you this are you sure that generac 30Kw has a John Deere diesel motor as he stated? I should have rephrased my comment you can get single/3 phase out of some generators or power bank transformers ..But being a betting man there is NO way in hell he is running 3 phase generator unless he is running grain dryers.He claims to raise hay in his posts.You tell me.

/ Back up Generators - finally looking. #40  
I have no idea about the Generac question but they make the majority of the generators sold to in that size range and smaller. So I wouldn't doubt it. There's a whole host of 120/240 3 phase generators that obviously have single phase. I have one. Mine is a PTO unit and 25 KW. I have it to run my shop systems and as a whole house backup. As I said, I have no idea what 5030 has but what he is saying he has very likely exists.