Backbreaker, Mankiller, Widow-maker

/ Backbreaker, Mankiller, Widow-maker
I saw a pic of that tiller today. It looks to be in very good shape and probably 7 feet. The brand on it is something like AGM...? Some of the decal is rubbed off. I can't tell for sure. Unfortunately I can't post the picture right now. Does anyone know what brand that may be?:confused:

I saw a picture of it on my secretary's cell phone. I looked it up on the internet and after some research I think it's an Agric 80" model AMS. Anyone familiar with this?

/ Backbreaker, Mankiller, Widow-maker #23  
Glowplug said:
I saw a picture of it on my secretary's cell phone. I looked it up on the internet and after some research I think it's an Agric 80" model AMS. Anyone familiar with this?

One of the tillers that CCM sells is made by Agric.

thunderworks said:
One of the tillers that CCM sells is made by Agric.

Yeah, it's actually through looking at the CCM website that I found it. At Beaver Valley Supply they list a whole bunch of Agric tillers. I've looked at the picture more closely though and it's an offset model which is a bit of a disappointment to me. I've got a sneakin' feelin' that it's a bit of a light-duty model and not really as wide as I'm hoping. I would REALLY like to have one that is 84" wide, not offset, gear-driven, and with a Cat I/II hitch. I guess I just need to go and look at that thing up close and personal.

/ Backbreaker, Mankiller, Widow-maker #25  
Yeah, in a perfect world.... you would get "84" wide, not offset, gear-driven, and with a Cat I/II hitch" AND have it reverse rotation.

How big is the inlaws garden that you need a 7' tiller?
jb

john_bud said:
How big is the inlaws garden that you need a 7' tiller?
jb

Oh, come on now. Don't spoil my fun. It's not so much that I NEED a 7' tiller; I WANT one. But you're right, a smaller offset one would probably be more practical and realistic. I just don't want to get one too light-duty and tear it up. The garden's not that big right now but if I had a real tiller I could make it several acres!;)

/ Backbreaker, Mankiller, Widow-maker #27  
Most of the offset tillers can be centered. My JD/howard can although I've never had the need. You'd have to check with the maker.

/ Backbreaker, Mankiller, Widow-maker #28  
with a real tiller you would make it several acres ?

At that point it has stopped becoming a garden and has been transformed into a farm.

/ Backbreaker, Mankiller, Widow-maker #29  
THe tiller Rural King has (TSC competitor) is $1500 60"?

I hear the K&K tillers have stood up to there fair share of abuse....

but i need to grow a lot (or sell a lot) of vegies to make it worth it :(

/ Backbreaker, Mankiller, Widow-maker #30  
gemini5362 said:
with a real tiller you would make it several acres ?

At that point it has stopped becoming a garden and has been transformed into a farm.

Yes it would be a funny farm which is, I am sure, where Glowplug's wife would like to put him after all these outsized tractor purchases. :eek: . Maybe a little hand manuvered 5hp Honda tiller would keep him out of trouble for a while.:D