Backhoe cost

/ Backhoe cost #21  
In this scenario, whatever blows your dress up is all good with me. I'm not paying the freight, you are.

/ Backhoe cost #22  
Don't have a clue where they are where you reside. Look 'em up online. They deliver btw and pick them up when you are finished. Far as the usefulness of a BH attachment, I'm sure some owners use them but I bet most don't or at least not enough to justify the cost.

Everyone wants a Ferrari, but not everyone can afford one, me included. My dealer is primarily a large Kubota (ag related dealer).

Your mileage and mine differ.

I am rapidly closing in on 80!
I don't need to "justify"...... ANYTHING to anyone!!!

/ Backhoe cost #24  
You are older than dirt....:laughing:

Far as justifying anything, this isn't 'confession' it's a public forum so I don't really care.

I am truly comforted to know that you...... "don't really care".

/ Backhoe cost #25  
I considered getting a backhoe for my YT359 ROPS both at the time of purchase and then a year later. The cost gave me cause for pause, and now I rent the excavator sized for the job I need at the time. In the end I will spend more on the rentals, but I am confident that I have saved significant time as well as hours on my tractor. In upstate NY a 5-6 ton excavator rents out for ~$1.1K/week with multiple buckets. Smaller units go for ~$600 week. If you can cue up you jobs, you can get a lot done with a tracked excavator sized for the job. If you don't need the flexibility of a tracked excavator, I would also recommend looking for a used construction backhoe. I often see workable units for less than $10K.

Exactly right on the used construction backhoe. I've been in that market for myself and with friends. What you want to be looking at is a 2wd....not a 4wd. Basically construction backhoes have tremendous traction, so you can get by with 2wd, and 2wd machines cost a quarter of what 4wd used construction equipment costs.

I would stay with either John Deere 310 or Case 580 series - or one that you are comfortable with. You want standard shift with a F/R reverser. No computer, you want an old style diesel with unit injectors rather than common rail.

I wouldn't go looking for a used construction machine unless I knew the machine and the company. The reason being that there are lots of those older 2wd construction TLBs that were bought instead of paying taxes by places that just don't use them much....places like large parking lots at shopping centers, country clubs with golf courses, small utility companies, church groups and cemetarys, small towns, parks departments... etc. and as a part of their tax-wise expense budgets they need to re-purchase new machines every decade or so. I see these come up for sale with 2000 hours on a 20 year old machine that has never been abused at all. Sometimes for ridiculous low prices....especially if they are 2wd with a canopy instead of cab or a cab with only a heater and no AC.
You may not find a perfect and very clean, totally workable older 2wd TLB for 10K, but you probably will for under 20K....and that's after you put new tires and batteries into it - still a whale of a deal. Out West, many juridictions will give you a one day permit to drive home on back roads. That's not bad. You don't want to pay haulage on a 7 ton machine.
rScotty

/ Backhoe cost #26  
Exactly right on the used construction backhoe. I've been in that market for myself and with friends. What you want to be looking at is a 2wd....not a 4wd. Basically construction backhoes have tremendous traction, so you can get by with 2wd, and 2wd machines cost a quarter of what 4wd used construction equipment costs.

I would stay with either John Deere 310 or Case 580 series - or one that you are comfortable with. You want standard shift with a F/R reverser. No computer, you want an old style diesel with unit injectors rather than common rail.

I wouldn't go looking for a used construction machine unless I knew the machine and the company. The reason being that there are lots of those older 2wd construction TLBs that were bought instead of paying taxes by places that just don't use them much....places like large parking lots at shopping centers, country clubs with golf courses, small utility companies, church groups and cemetarys, small towns, parks departments... etc. and as a part of their tax-wise expense budgets they need to re-purchase new machines every decade or so. I see these come up for sale with 2000 hours on a 20 year old machine that has never been abused at all. Sometimes for ridiculous low prices....especially if they are 2wd with a canopy instead of cab or a cab with only a heater and no AC.
You may not find a perfect and very clean, totally workable older 2wd TLB for 10K, but you probably will for under 20K....and that's after you put new tires and batteries into it - still a whale of a deal. Out West, many juridictions will give you a one day permit to drive home on back roads. That's not bad. You don't want to pay haulage on a 7 ton machine.
rScotty

I bought a 16 year old 2wd TLB back in 1986.
Kept it for 33 years.
Sold it last year, but only because I WANTED newer.
I did not NEED newer!

/ Backhoe cost #27  

rScotty
What he said. I priced a new loader for my 34 year old Kubota 2550 - Woods was $8k!

I picked up a John Deere 310SE for $10k in February. I've changed out all fluid filters and fixed all the major leaks, new teeth, new front tires, etc. for around $3k. I love it. The three foot bucket will move some earth. The 2WD is like 4 on a regular tractor due to the weight.

/ Backhoe cost #28  
Has anyone recently purchased a backhoe for a YT 347 or 359? The price I'm getting quoted is like $11500. That seems like an aweful lot for that backhoe when I can get an LS or Kioti backhoe for between 6k and 7k. I really liked the yanmar tractor but really heavily favoring Kioti NX5010 because its like $8000 cheaper.
2018 WOODS BH90X USED

For Sale Price: USD $9,500

willy

/ Backhoe cost #29  
There must be a reason that there are so many tractors for sale and very few Yanmars.

Instead of looking at pictures/paper work go and look at what you want to purchase so you can see first hand what you will be getting as looking at pictures and reading about something you don't really know what you will be getting. as is the metal as thick or is it thinner or does it look like a good quality piece of equipment? The cheaper units may not have the power as the more expensive one etc. Just because its cheaper dosn't mean its better or will last as long as the more expensive one. just a thought

willy